C93 Pistol build locking piece / carrier questions
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: C93 Pistol build locking piece / carrier questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default C93 Pistol build locking piece / carrier questions

I have a C93 223 pistol build in progress. Bought most of the parts from Apex. Small parts coming from RTG

Came with a modded 33 carrier, the "nose" cut down and rewelded. Bolt is German, likely from the same 33. Locking piece is a #8, which appears to be correct for a 33/93. Looks like whoever century had build these mainly used leftover 33 parts. Cocking tube is a cut/reweld as well.

What locking piece should I use? This is basically a budget HK53, so should I use a #3, or a #15? Both seem to be suggested for use with the 53, but the #3 is also used with the 33k, which has a 12+" barrel. Mine is a approx 8" barrel.

Plan to run regular 55 grain ammo, just a range toy.

The carrier was a buffered carrier, but they welded up the hole in the back. The small parts that make up the buffer (springs, etc) were included. I am guessing I need to run some sort of buffered end cap, but I want to keep it a pistol. Do I have any buffer options that are not a stock? I would consider a brace if that would work.

Thanks!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

#15 for 55gr.

They welded up the carrier so you can't have a carrier buffer?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Isn’t
    That how they came from
    Century ?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kbinmt View Post
    #15 for 55gr.

They welded up the carrier so you can't have a carrier buffer?
    Thanks for the recommendation.

Yes, they welded up the hole that the buffer would sit. The retaining slot for is still there. Carrier was refinished. I can to clean up the weld on the nose area where the cocking support contacts as the welds were stopping the carrier from entering the cocking tube. So i am guessing some of there carriers were not 100% finished before the paint was applied. Not that i would expect much from century. I mainly got the kit for the unmolested 33 parts, but it arrived with more parts than I thought so i decided to build it.

I have not had a chance to handle a complete working c93. So I have no idea how they went about buffering the carrier. The end cap that came with the parts is metal, but does not appear to have any provision for a buffer.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jdindadell View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation.

Yes, they welded up the hole that the buffer would sit. The retaining slot for is still there. Carrier was refinished. I can to clean up the weld on the nose area where the cocking support contacts as the welds were stopping the carrier from entering the cocking tube. So i am guessing some of there carriers were not 100% finished before the paint was applied. Not that i would expect much from century. I mainly got the kit for the unmolested 33 parts, but it arrived with more parts than I thought so i decided to build it.

I have not had a chance to handle a complete working c93. So I have no idea how they went about buffering the carrier. The end cap that came with the parts is metal, but does not appear to have any provision for a buffer.
    That's a shame. I have seen a few of the carriers from those C93P kits and never seen one welded up.

I would not fire a 5.56 pistol or otherwise without a buffer. Gunparts Corp has those discontinued buffers that go in the backplate. It's a wear item, and I can't vouch for them.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/701960A

Or, one of the 'pistol buffer' backplates that PTR does.
    C93 Pistol build locking piece / carrier questions-ptr51p-jpg-product-product-product-product-product-product-product-product-product-product-produ.jpg

Pop that onto a 33/93 backplate. I am pretty sure you can put an AR buffer on there too so you could brace it.
    Last edited by kbinmt; 03-23-2020 at 08:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's a shame. I have seen a few of the carriers from those C93P kits and never seen one welded up.

I would not fire a 5.56 pistol or otherwise without a buffer. Gunparts Corp has those discontinued buffers that go in the backplate. It's a wear item, and I can't vouch for them.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/701960A

Or, one of the 'pistol buffers' that PTR does.
    I will see what I can find on the ptr buffer. Thanks for the link for the poly buffer. Looks like a thicker version of the buffer in my a3 stock for 9mm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alright, I dug though my parts and found an endcap I bought years ago to go with a 9mm clone build I never finished.

It appears to be a g3 metal cap that has been milled to match the shape of the hk33 stock that has a metal plate on it. So it has the buffer holes in it. Might even be a PTR part, who knows. Edit, looks just like this, except no paint!!!: https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/H...IZED-p2184.htm

Looks like I can buy this and some screws: https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/H...N-181p2051.htm

Might look a little weird, but for now I just want a working system I can work the bugs out of. Need to find a #15 locking piece and it appears those are OOS at RTG. My luck!!!!

How about the choate endcap with the H buffer? https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/H...E-119p2211.htm

Cheap enough and in stock.
    Last edited by Jdindadell; 03-23-2020 at 08:39 PM. Reason: clarity, added link

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jdindadell View Post
    Alright, I dug though my parts and found an endcap I bought years ago to go with a 9mm clone build I never finished.

It appears to be a g3 metal cap that has been milled to match the shape of the hk33 stock that has a metal plate on it. So it has the buffer holes in it. Might even be a PTR part, who knows. Edit, looks just like this, except no paint!!!: https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/H...IZED-p2184.htm

Looks like I can buy this and some screws: https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/H...N-181p2051.htm

Might look a little weird, but for now I just want a working system I can work the bugs out of. Need to find a #15 locking piece and it appears those are OOS at RTG. My luck!!!!

How about the choate endcap with the H buffer? https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/H...E-119p2211.htm

Cheap enough and in stock.
    I disagree with putting polymer back plates on a 5.56

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I disagree with putting polymer back plates on a 5.56
    So metal is the way to go. Gotcha. I will get a buffer assy from RTG and mate it to the endplate I have. At least i can figure out where to go from when I can fire it.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You could get a ptr aluminum m4 adapter with a g3 buffer installed in it and mate it to the metal endcap, that way your arm brace m4 type tube covers the protruding buffer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links