C93 won't fully go into battery

Thread: C93 won't fully go into battery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default C93 won't fully go into battery

Since I purchased this used C93, I've had issues with the bolt and carrier not going all of the way forward when I release it. I am careful to not ride the charging handle forward at all. I either do the HK slap or just pull the charging handle straight back and release it. About 50% of the time, the carrier will stop a bit short, maybe 1/8 inch. Usually, I can easily push it forward using the serrations on the bolt carrier. I just replaced the recoil spring with a new one from RTG. It was a full inch longer than the one that came with the rifle. I'm still having the same issues, except now the charging handle isn't folding down when the carrier goes forward. It remains at the 90 degree position when the carrier slams forward.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix this. I'm fairly handy can can probably do it as long as it only requires hand tools.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Remove the bolt then slide the cocking support and handle back and forth in the channel to see if it is catching. You are seeing if the channel is pinched down.

Also check that the cocking support lever pin is properly seated in the support and the end is not hanging up the cocking support.

Examine inside of cocking tube for evidence of burn through from welding in the cocking tube sleeve and sEA'sam to reciever.

Examine the cocking tube where it enters the triple tree to see if it is close to center, should have a gap on all sides and not be touching the triple tree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If the charging handle does not fold by itself, it will hold the carrier to the rear. You need to check the spring that closes the cocking handle, perhaps it is broken or somehow not lined up in the grooves on the handle or the support.

I had the same issue recently when mocking up a build. Took me a while to realize what I had done, I did not put the spring in, to "save time".... End result, I did not save time.

Check that out and let us know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think I figured out what the issue was. The cocking handle was impacting the at the front. The cocking handle is generally an "L" shape. I filed a little off of the inside short length of the "L". I then rounded off the tip just a little bit. This allows the cocking handle to pivot more easily. Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links