MP5 clones - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: MP5 clones

HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JJIV View Post
    I have a PTR 9CT with about 1K rounds through it. I had 1 FTE during the break in period and after that, it’s been flawless. I got mine for about 1,650 and I honestly couldn’t see myself paying sp5 prices. I’m very happy with the build quality. I also like the modern looking rifles so I have my MP5 more modern and actually appreciate the welded rail that many complain about. I just can’t justify the extra $1K difference.
    One may think the PTR is a wise choice for a roller, that is until the time comes if/when you need to use the warranty. Or worst yet, have/want to sell it. Since the release of the SP5, prices/desire for the 9C'c have gone down. Shop around, you can get one for under $1500.00 which in turn drives down used prices. I have one NIB, purchased for $1510.00 shipped last day in October. Wish I never bought it. Just a month later and I'd been saving that cash for a much wiser choice. Just saying, it's easy to justify a purchase when all is good. SP5's don't have to be $2800.00-3000.00 if you are not in a hurry. Call around and find a shop selling them reasonably priced and get on the list. There have been plenty people reporting where they have gotten them and for how much, myself included.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chargerdude70 View Post
    One may think the PTR is a wise choice for a roller, that is until the time comes if/when you need to use the warranty. Or worst yet, have/want to sell it. Since the release of the SP5, prices/desire for the 9C'c have gone down. Shop around, you can get one for under $1500.00 which in turn drives down used prices. I have one NIB, purchased for $1510.00 shipped last day in October. Wish I never bought it. Just a month later and I'd been saving that cash for a much wiser choice. Just saying, it's easy to justify a purchase when all is good. SP5's don't have to be $2800.00-3000.00 if you are not in a hurry. Call around and find a shop selling them reasonably priced and get on the list. There have been plenty people reporting where they have gotten them and for how much, myself included.
    Agree with you in principle, but $1400 for a PTR up to a $2400 SP5 (good deal) is still a grand. If someone has a $1500 budget, $2500 is a heck of a stretch.
    thomassmith likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

One may think the PTR is a wise choice for a roller, that is until the time comes if/when you need to use the warranty.
    Do you have personal experience with PTR warranty service or speaking about what you have heard?

Because in my personal experience they are both responsive and excellent.

I own the PTR-91, the PTR-9CT and PTR-9KT and think they are excellent products for the money.

Like others have said, $1000 is $1000. If you have to have HK to make you happy, you should buy HK.

Buying guns for resale value is seldom a winning proposition. I suggest real estate or the stock market to make significant gains over time.

I tend to Form 1 most things these days, so they aren't going anywhere regardless.

(In your personal case, no one could have known last October that HK would bring in the SP5 in December. You made a good decision based on the market at that time.)
    Last edited by Lumbergh; 04-11-2020 at 09:46 PM.
    thomassmith likes this.
    "Amat victoria curam"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by awdxtc View Post
    I agree with this. Dont get me wrong, I'd buy an sp5 in a heartbeat but not at the current prices. My 9ct has been flawless. So much so that I plan on picking up a 9kt, if I can resist the urge to buy a k3p first.
    I also concur. My PTR 9CT has been an amazing performer. During the first 300 Rounds I did have a couple of hick ups but that was to be expected during break in. Heck I didn't even clean it until after the first 500 Rounds and according to the manual they say to shoot 10 rounds and clean it than shoot 10 more and clean it and so forth. Not really necessary in my opinion. Shoots like a Champ. Only issue I had was with the SB Tactical Folding Brace which didn't quite line up. Turns out the end cap of the brace wasn't the proper end cap. I contacted SB Tactical and they sent me a new end cap at no charge and guess what it fit like a charm. No issues after that. Shoots straight as an arrow. What I don't care for are the see through plastic mags that came with it so I ordered some Original HK Mp5 Mags. Expensive but worth it. I say the PTR 9CT is a winner. Especially with the Lifetime warranty.

HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post
    Do you have personal experience with PTR warranty service or speaking about what you have heard?

Because in my personal experience they are both responsive and excellent.

I own the PTR-91, the PTR-9CT and PTR-9KT and think they are excellent products for the money.

Like others have said, $1000 is $1000. If you have to have HK to make you happy, you should buy HK.

Buying guns for resale value is seldom a winning proposition. I suggest real estate or the stock market to make significant gains over time.

I tend to Form 1 most things these days, so they aren't going anywhere regardless.

(In your personal case, no one could have known last October that HK would bring in the SP5 in December. You made a good decision based on the market at that time.)
    To answer your question, no. I only own 1 PTR. If you read my whole post you would have seen that it's still NIB. I believe you are misinterpreting my words or putting more into them. My point is, warranties are a hassle. And if I read your post correctly, you have had to use it yourself. Some people have had to use it more than once on the same weapon. Again, a hassle and inconvenience. This is just my point of view. You also state that I made a good decision based on the market at that time. Well, times have changed, there is another offering now. I realize the SP5 is a grand more, but people afford what they want to afford and will find a way. Besides, that premium becomes priceless down the line when you more than likely, will NOT, have to use their lifetime warranty. Or worst yet, have to sell it. Again, just one mans opinion, YMMV.

To add, I could not shoot the 9CT when first purchased. Then about a month later heard the SP5 was coming out and left it NIB. I thought it would sell faster that way until I realized the warranty is only good to the original purchaser. Now it will get broke in to make sure it runs well with no issues and then handed off to a family member.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you can get one for 2300, you better run to the shop and get it. After that, spread the love for others on where you got it. Some are not as fortunate yet. For work around, look up TSC Machine on the web. He is a well respected builder of HK Roller's. Give him a call and chat about what you are planning.
    There is no place that sells the SP5 for $2300 or I would have bought one already. Best Price I have found them was at Grab a Gun for $2995 which is 500 off their regular price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did you have issues with your PTR 9CT? Did you actually have to use their Customer Service or their Warranty or are you just bashing the gun because you think you overpaid?
    I got mine for around 1400 something, brand new and I am not into buyers remorse. I didn't buy it for resale but to actually shoot it and so far it's a fun gun with the only real issue was the Folding brace not fitting which was a SB Tactical issue not a PTR issue. SB Tactical took care of it very quickly and after actually having a proper fitting end cap this PTR has been a Joy to shoot. Granted I only have about 1000 Rounds through it so time will tell if it will holds up but that's where the Lifetime warranty comes in. So far I haven't heard anything but good about the PTR Customer Service. You are the only person bashing them. Perhaps you have a good reason, just like to know what it is.
    Last edited by thomassmith; 04-11-2020 at 11:23 PM.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I am a firm believer in buy once, cry once.

paid $2700 & $2800 for both my SP5's and I think (can't remember) $2600 for my SP5K (couple years ago)
    best $$$ spent.
    Hk 416D 10.4"
    Hk MR556
    Hk MR556 SPR
    Hk MP5K-N
    Hk MP5-N A3
    Hk MP5-N A2
    Hk USP9 COMPACT
    Hk USP9 CUSTOM COMBAT
    Hk USP9 SD
    Hk USP9 EXPERT
    Hk P2000 4.1 LEM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To answer your question, no. I only own 1 PTR. If you read my whole post you would have seen that it's still NIB. I believe you are misinterpreting my words or putting more into them. My point is, warranties are a hassle. And if I read your post correctly, you have had to use it yourself. Some people have had to use it more than once on the same weapon. Again, a hassle and inconvenience. This is just my point of view. You also state that I made a good decision based on the market at that time. Well, times have changed, there is another offering now. I realize the SP5 is a grand more, but people afford what they want to afford and will find a way. Besides, that premium becomes priceless down the line when you more than likely, will NOT, have to use their lifetime warranty. Or worst yet, have to sell it. Again, just one mans opinion, YMMV.

To add, I could not shoot the 9CT when first purchased. Then about a month later heard the SP5 was coming out and left it NIB. I thought it would sell faster that way until I realized the warranty is only good to the original purchaser. Now it will get broke in to make sure it runs well with no issues and then handed off to a family member.
    So you base your PTR bashing upon Hear Say and other reviews without experiencing any issues yourself? I think that is pretty unfair. Warranties don't always have to be a hassle if a good Customer Service Team handles your claim. Just being mad at yourself for buying the PTR before finding out that HK released the SP5 is a little unfair. For all you know the PTR will shoot just as good as the much costlier SP5. And once more you are making an assumption that you will never need a warranty with the HK. Nothing is perfect and even the mighty HK SP5 may need repair at some point. If you really don't like the PTR why not try and put it on consignment with one of your local gun stores. With over 22 Million guns sold in March of 2020 alone there is a HUGE demand for used guns and some stores in our area even make Commercials that they need your Used guns since their inventory is depleted. It's worth a try.

HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I've bought 3 SP5's. 1 @ 2430.00, 1 @ 2491.00 and 1 @ 2649.00. All OTD prices and 2 I paid Mi 6% sales tax on. Not bragging here, I just was in no hurry and waited my turn in line. I did not "need" to be first on the block so I waited till I got at a price I was willing to pay.

I'm not bashing the "weapon", only trying to give others a different perspective. Buyers remorse, kind of, but only due to hindsight. When I was in the market and looked at all the options, I thought the 9CT was the best bet for me at the time. I wanted, what I though, was better quality and better finish. I passed on POR's, the Zeniths were not available or would have bought that. Customs were not even in my head. The PTR came up on sale and I bought it. After purchasing, I got onto the forums like most do and started reading of both gun and the warranty issues. Then the SP5 came out, hence hind sight buyers remorse. I know I seem to be bashing on the weapon but not the direction my intentions are meant and if I have stepped on any ones or offended anyone, my apologies. Like I said, just trying to provide another perspective. Sometimes things are worth the wait or extra expense.

Edit: I'm bowing out of this conversation. I don't want this to get to a point that OP's thread gets closed. Again, my apologies to any I may have offended. Was not my intention.
    Last edited by Chargerdude70; 04-12-2020 at 12:38 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links