Thread: TommyBuilt T36C pistol

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That looks SWEET!!!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chunkyhenry View Post
    How exactly does Tommy get parts like the IDZ stocks?
    Not sure where he gets the IDZ, he may well make them, his logo is on it. Important distinction, its not a stock, its a arm brace. Perfectly legal on a pistol by BATF definition.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chunkyhenry View Post
    How exactly does Tommy get parts like the IDZ stocks?
    The brace is affectionately referred you as the “IDZ brace” because of the shared design elements in the curvature of the brace that contacts the forearm. As for your question, Tom builds from customer supplied parts. So, when you see him post a build that has an IDZ stock, that was sent to him by the customer buying the build.
    sickness likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gopguy View Post
    After playing with it for a week I decided the T36C needed a red dot and light. So I have added a Leupold Gilmore. Dated but it sits low enough to let me co witness the sights. I also added a older Crimson Trace light. Not sure if either of the add ons are still available but it has made the gun more useful as the light begins to fade.
    I really like that set up! Awesome to know there is something that will co-witness with the standard irons.. really, really slick. Thanks for posting.
    Own: HK91, G36k, HK416, P30L, USP SD
    Future: HK243? Assuming HK grants my wish.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post
    The brace is affectionately referred you as the “IDZ brace” because of the shared design elements in the curvature of the brace that contacts the forearm. As for your question, Tom builds from customer supplied parts. So, when you see him post a build that has an IDZ stock, that was sent to him by the customer buying the build.
    That's a fact. For the newbs - recipe for a great build:

1. Patience.
    2. Visualize what you want, and collect your parts slowly. Don't rush and don't over-pay.
    3. When you have what you want, fill out T. Bostic's work order and get it done.
    4. Enjoy.
    6. Resell at a profit? If you followed steps 1 and 2 well enough, you sure can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not sure where he gets the IDZ, he may well make them, his logo is on it. Important distinction, its not a stock, its a arm brace. Perfectly legal on a pistol by BATF definition.
    Ah, I was assuming they were being made from original IDZ stocks, which was probably not correct.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I’ve had my T36C Pistol for a couple months and I love it. He did a great job with the new brace. I only wish I ordered with the low profile top rail as the cheekweld for most sights is too high and the manual sights block the use of a small red dot. Otherwise hands down a great build! I’m waiting on my TMP in FDE now!!!

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The new stock isn’t from an IDZ, it’s custom made.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

There seems to be a little confusion here. The IDZ is an arm brace, not a stock. Let's try not to confuse folks as the legal point is important.

"IDZ pistol arm brace is compatible on any of our T36 Pistols or bare receivers being assembled as a pistol. The IDZ brace is designed to allow the shooter to attach the velcro strap over the forearm to help stabilize the pistol during shooting and can be configured for the right hand or left handed shooter. The rear area that wedges against the forearm has a grip like pattern for better stability against your forearm. As with all pistol braces this part is an accessory and does not add to the over all length of your pistol since its not an integral part of the design. The length of pull extended is under 13.5" which is the ATF stated maximum LOP allowed on a pistol brace. This accessory does allow the device to be fired while folded and locks into place while folded as well and does not interfere with the standard function of the pistol. "

https://www.tommybuilttactical.com/idz-pistol-arm-brace

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

There seems to be a little confusion here. The IDZ is an arm brace, not a stock. Let's try not to confuse folks as the legal point is important.

"IDZ pistol arm brace is compatible on any of our T36 Pistols or bare receivers being assembled as a pistol. The IDZ brace is designed to allow the shooter to attach the velcro strap over the forearm to help stabilize the pistol during shooting and can be configured for the right hand or left handed shooter. The rear area that wedges against the forearm has a grip like pattern for better stability against your forearm. As with all pistol braces this part is an accessory and does not add to the over all length of your pistol since its not an integral part of the design. The length of pull extended is under 13.5" which is the ATF stated maximum LOP allowed on a pistol brace. This accessory does allow the device to be fired while folded and locks into place while folded as well and does not interfere with the standard function of the pistol. "

https://www.tommybuilttactical.com/idz-pistol-arm-brace
    Sort of. I explained it in my post. There are IDZ stocks. This brace was dubbed the “IDZ brace” as it shares a design element found on the IDZ stocks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links