HK34 Words of Wisdom Needed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: HK34 Words of Wisdom Needed

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default HK34 Words of Wisdom Needed

After many, many years of parts acquisition I finally have what I think is needed to turn an HK94 or clone into an HK34. The barrel just arrived. It is new and was made by Special Weapons around 2011. I also have the complete front end, butt stock, and rear sight assembly from a demilled Malaysian HK33. What else do I need? Who would be the recommended builder(s)? What donor weapon should I get? Any and all words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
    “Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
    — Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Talk to GB / Jeff at PCS.

He has a sub-forum.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/parabellum-combat-systems/

Jeff has built of number of 34s and is probably the best combination of price/quality/experience you will find for this project.

Personally, from the parts you listed, I would buy a complete RCM BCG, Grip+Trigger pack (complete) and a flat kit from RTG and send those to Jeff to build.

I may be missing some small parts, but Jeff will help you with whatever you need.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Lumbergh; 04-11-2020 at 07:17 PM.
    The_Great_308 likes this.
    "Amat victoria curam"

jfk
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MG34_Dan View Post
    After many, many years of parts acquisition I finally have what I think is needed to turn an HK94 or clone into an HK34. The barrel just arrived. It is new and was made by Special Weapons around 2011. I also have the complete front end, butt stock, and rear sight assembly from a demilled Malaysian HK33. What else do I need? Who would be the recommended builder(s)? What donor weapon should I get? Any and all words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
    Don't forget the cocking tube needs to be specifically made. If you go slim handguard route, the wide handguard will need to be trimmed since 33 hand forends were never made for a 9mm size receiver.
    I sold my HK's and bought a whole bunch of Century C93s. The best rifles on the planet bar none. I love the C93 pistols with the 12 o' clock slot!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That may be very tough. Unless you want to use a SW flat, you are out of luck. The LSC flats have all been expended. There are no more. You'll have to find someone willing to part with theirs.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TuffNutt View Post
    That may be very tough. Unless you want to use a SW flat, you are out of luck. The LSC flats have all been expended. There are no more. You'll have to find someone willing to part with theirs.
    Your source ?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I 2nd the above comment by Lumberg.

I have had Jeff build me a couple of rifles over the years. All top notch.

My 34 is a Dakota Tactical. Which is awesome. But the wait time was a killer.

Joe was a one man shop back then. But, end result was a perfect rifle.
    Lighting the Darkness

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I picked up a 34 barrel from TB a while ago when he was selling off stuff on Gun Broker.

It came with a used/modded cocking tube of some sort and a 33 handguard that has a notch cut at the back.

My original plan was to put the parts on a SW5 carbine that i have, I think that gun looks a bit weird with the long barrel hanging out in the breeze.

However, I have a flat and a special weapons trun (I think that is where it came from) so I could just start from scratch.

Any other info on the difference would be greatly appreciated.

I will take a few pics of the cocking tube and post them up. That appears to be the "special" part as it needs to be the correct length and have the slot and internal stop correctly sized and shaped for the mp5 cocking tube support and charging handle.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MG34_Dan View Post
    I have (2) SW-34s purchased from Todd way back in the day. I sent them to M60Joe to have cut the barrels back to the sight tree and SBR'd one (with 3-lug) and put a flash-hider for 16" on the other. I haven't shot either one in years. I'll be happy to get them down and take pics or answer any questions you have.
    Browning, Maxim, Vickers
    Belt-Fed & Water-Cooled
    Real Machineguns

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Had a look at the SW parts:

I have a 16" barrel, with the triple frame location that matches the long cocking tube.

Cocking tube is a used 33 tube, that has an insert to allow a std length mp5 cocking tube support to fit and lock in. Looks a bit weird, probably look better once refinished.

Handguard has clearance trimmed (it is a wide 33 model) so it will fit around the magwell of the 9mm receiver.

I mocked it up on a bent flat that I am working on. It all fits well.

It looks cool, much better than the sw5 with that skinny barrel hanging out the front.

Premium Professional

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I've always thought these are cool looking rifles. I say do it!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links