Bulge in PTR91 Buttstock
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bulge in PTR91 Buttstock

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Bulge in PTR91 Buttstock

I noticed I have a bulge on the right side of the buttstock on my PTR91. It shoots fine but I was wondering if something was wrong with my recoil buffer. Should I be concerned and turn it in as a warranty issue? I attached a few pics at different angles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Pull the end cap off of the stock and have a look inside.

Take a picture and post it.
    Lighting the Darkness

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Roger. I’ll check it out when I get a chance.
    Last edited by Steeldog; 04-22-2020 at 09:16 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Regardless of if it causes issue I would ask them to replace the stock. Not acceptable on a new rifle.

I'm sure this will draw out the "just shoot it" crowd...

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chunkyhenry View Post
    Regardless of if it causes issue I would ask them to replace the stock. Not acceptable on a new rifle.

I'm sure this will draw out the "just shoot it" crowd...
    Your right sir. That’s not acceptable on a new rifle. I’m original owner so PTR should honor the lifetime warranty. I’ll start my process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldog View Post
    Your right sir. That’s not acceptable on a new rifle. I’m original owner so PTR should honor the lifetime warranty. I’ll start my process.

Good, always the way to go and PTR has good CS I hear.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

That's pretty remarkable. As said I'd pull the cap and look inside. Not normal, something is wonky. But that's me. PTR may want to see the unit unmolested so you are wise to seek their counsel.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I emailed PTR last night and I got back a reply this morning stating they wanted to view pics. After viewing the pics they offered to send a rear stock assembly. I thought this was pretty awesome. No hassles. When I get the new stock I’ll remove the cap to see what was going on in there. It’s on there dang tight and I’d hate to mar things up before I have my replacement. I’d buy another one of their guns in the future.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I have a carpenters vise lined with wood on my workbench, I pad the wood and then cinch it on the pad then pull the stock section away. It has worked well for me with no damage to the pad. You might want to lay eyes on that buffer before the new stock section arrives or you may be sitting waiting for a buffer as well or associated parts. It is not like you would fire it like that, so it is not taking the rifle out of service, it is already deadline gigged until you open it and have replacement parts in hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldog View Post
    I emailed PTR last night and I got back a reply this morning stating they wanted to view pics. After viewing the pics they offered to send a rear stock assembly. I thought this was pretty awesome. No hassles. When I get the new stock I’ll remove the cap to see what was going on in there. It’s on there dang tight and I’d hate to mar things up before I have my replacement. I’d buy another one of their guns in the future.
    If PTR will work on it then don't do anything. Don't try to fix it until they reply, you may void your warranty as stupid as that is. Let them fix it on their dime.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links