Got the money need the help. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Got the money need the help.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HD Bee View Post
    If they are used 1800 is to much to pay for the PTR. You can buy new for less.
    It might be a little high for a used Z5-RS also now that the HK SP5 is out.

I have a Z5 RS and have had 0 problems with it. I really like it. It’s a well made firearm.
    I got it last year before HK announced that they were bringing out the SP5.

But if I had known that HK was bringing out the SP5 I would of waited and bought the HK.
    The HK will retain its value or go up in value more than any clone ever will.

Of your 2 choices I would pick the Zenith. It comes with a mount. Or you can put a ultra low mount on it for your Aimpoint and co-witness the sights, if you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by gt40doc View Post
    I purchased my Z5RS from the last shipment that came into this Country. At that point, nobody knew that HK was going to build/sell/export an SP5 gun. Had I known, I would likely have waited, but not positive about it!!

My Z5RS has performed perfectly, and I could not be more pleased with it. I also own a BW5FS that I purchased decades ago, and finally got it running 100%. I am a shooter, not a collector or speculator, so I imagine I will just stay put with the two MP5 clones that I have and continue to enjoy them.
    Bought my Z5RS in April 2019, and would have waited if I knew about the SP5 also. Had issues out of the box, but Zenith got it running fine. Now that I have the SP5, I've got a decision to make.

For me, the welded PTR rail was a deal breaker. You can always mount a rail on the Zenith, but removing it from the PTR? Not so much, lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Bought my Z5RS in April 2019, and would have waited if I knew about the SP5 also. Had issues out of the box, but Zenith got it running fine. Now that I have the SP5, I've got a decision to make.

For me, the welded PTR rail was a deal breaker. You can always mount a rail on the Zenith, but removing it from the PTR? Not so much, lol.
    To each his own. I ended up throwing a KAC RAS and an eotech on mine, so the welded rail didn’t really interrupt any kind of “classic” look for me anyway lol..

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

If I had known that HK was going to bring out a SP5, I might not have gotten my Z-5RS, but in the end I’m glad I did. It was cheaper, came with more MP5 features like the pushpin lower and proper rear sight, and since I was going to have to add US parts to SBR it, it didn’t feel as bad swapping out parts on a clone as on a real HK. The latter isn’t a consideration for the PTR, but they seem to have a hit and miss reputation, so I never really considered getting one of those.
    Do you even HK, Bro?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistermcgoo View Post
    To each his own. I ended up throwing a KAC RAS and an eotech on mine, so the welded rail didn’t really interrupt any kind of “classic” look for me anyway lol..
    Exactly. If you like the rail, PTR is going to be fine. I had one CS experience with them on those Bud's 93's and they were good. If you don't like the rail, and don't want to break $2k, the Zenith will be fine. Their CS was good to me also. If you want to splurge for the HK, that's fine also. I really don't think you're going to get a trash non-functional gun from any of the three.

Quote Originally Posted by dwillHK View Post
    If I had known that HK was going to bring out a SP5, I might not have gotten my Z-5RS, but in the end I’m glad I did. It was cheaper, came with more MP5 features like the pushpin lower and proper rear sight, and since I was going to have to add US parts to SBR it, it didn’t feel as bad swapping out parts on a clone as on a real HK. The latter isn’t a consideration for the PTR, but they seem to have a hit and miss reputation, so I never really considered getting one of those.
    The push pin lower was one of the reasons I picked my Zenith originally too. But the SP5 doesn't have it, and I'm kind of over that because they look the same, and the Zenith doesn't swing down anyway. But you do have a wider choice of SEF housings for the Zenith because of the push pin mount. And you could also switch to an ambi trigger and have even more housing options.
    mistermcgoo likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well said! I completely agree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post

I've looked at the PTR but, I also do not like the welded optic rail or the MLOK rail. As much as possible, I want the classic MP5 look.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DBClyde View Post
    Having the hk name isnt really important to me so are these recommendations more of that or is the hk sp5 or sp5k more relaible than the ptr for some reason?
    HK is 100% more reliable than the clone. this is just a fact.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links