Omega vs PTR
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Omega vs PTR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Due to the fact that these are the only MP5 clones I can even find in stock, and I really want a roller back, any info from anyone that’s fired these would be great.
    I can’t really find much info on either one of them, or reviews. Figured I’d ask here.

Any advice on which one of these, if either, is worth the money would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Starks

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Speedy2015 likes this.
    "Amat victoria curam"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just got a PTR CT9 only shot it twice. But love it. It shoots anything I put in it. And the quality is really nice. Have a friend with and Omega and he likes it also. They are both nice guns. I bought the PTR because I found a really good deal on it online and it is full auto ready if and when I can afford a sear. Just my .02 JD

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I don’t like the rails on my guns. I like the classic look and these omegas are unstoppable with the mad max bolt head. I shoot the piss out of mine in full auto
    Jmacken37 likes this.
    Qualified HK Sear
    BPP23E-K
    PCS 52
    PCS mp5k
    Omega SD-K
    Omega mp5
    Black Ops Defense mp5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've never shot an Omega so I can't comment on it, but I've had a PTR 9CT now for about a month and have put over 1k rounds through it (both suppressed and unsuppressed) with zero issues.
    All I've done to it so far is to swap the front M-Lok hand guard for a traditional one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheColtCollector View Post
    I don’t like the rails on my guns. I like the classic look and these omegas are unstoppable with the mad max bolt head. I shoot the piss out of mine in full auto
    I will second what TheColtCollector said. One of my sear guns is an Omega and I've got thousands of rounds through it and it keeps on running.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I have both. I like the PTR a little less for one reason and that's that dang pic rail on top, I just can't get into that rail it's fugly looking (to me anyway). Otherwise my PTR runs great. The Omega has been just a work horse of a MP5 clone, I have shot the pi$$ out of it and it just keeps going. The only extra things I have to say is I have M.A.D. MAX bolt heads in both and they both almost never jam 99.9% of the time if it does jam it's a bad round not the weapons fault. Both are good clones so pick the one that looks coolest when all else is equal! My son has an Omega SD-K and it's a super cool unit uses a K barrel and a 3-lug almost as quiet as true MP5SD but not quite mouse fart quiet with subs as a real HKSD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for all the info, everyone. Pretty sure I’m going with the Omega due to the lack of a rail and the presence of the MAD MAX bolt head being a stock part.
    GregAB and Beowulf like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have 2 Omegas. Full size and K. Both have been excellent, even with registered trigger packs.
    GregAB likes this.
    Glockdude1.......................

If war is HELL, Take a better pitchfork than the DEVIL!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Omega all the way. The price is reasonable and with the welded optic rail you can't lose. Mine has run amazingly for the last year and hasn't been picky on ammo types.
    Glockdude1 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links