HKPRO Forums banner

M110A1 Clone Build

9K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  PantherONE 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to build a USMC's M110A1 clone off the base of an MR762. If anyone has leads on where to find the Geissele scope mount or Tan buttstock, let me know. My initial Google search for these items show most every place sold out of those individual parts.

Gun Firearm Soldier Rifle Shooting

See less See more
#5 ·
That’s a 2 year old article. The CSASS is dead and the Army got a derivative of it called the SDMR. I remember seeing that article but who knows where and what will become of that.

As for the G mount, the G mount on the SDMR is a contract only mount and isn’t available to the public. Also, the SDMR stock has been OOS for like 2 years. The CSASS used a G28 stock like shown above and a commercially avaliable G mount. I don’t know what you’re trying to build as both the CSASS and SDMR are marked M110A1.

#7 ·
That’s a 2 year old article. The CSASS is dead and the Army got a derivative of it called the SDMR. I remember seeing that article but who knows where and what will become of that.
You are correct, sir. I called weapons battalion at USMC HQ, and they told me the M110A1 acquisition isn’t happening, they decided to refit the M27s with larger scopes for them to fit the CSASS role and call it the M38. Thanks for making me realize I was going off old information.

#6 ·
Agreed. Attempting to build a clone of a newly selected special weapon at this time is an insane undertaking.
Access to OEM parts is going to be a zero sum game. Parts like flash hiders and hand guards might not reach the commercial market for years. Those few parts that do make it to market will command astronomical amounts of money. (M4 SOPMOD Block II rifles began fielding 6 years ago and clone builders still struggle to get their hands on Block II OEM parts and thats just for the standard issue carbine). A specialized limited production rifle like the M110A1, , , Forget about it ! ! !

#8 ·
This is my version of the M110A1. I have the M110A1 Geissele trigger in it and the Geissele handguard. It is the real one minus it has Geissele markings and not HK (to much money for just two letters). I am waiting for the Larue/Harris bipod now. I don't like the Tango6 scope so i went with a Leupold mk4 i already had. If there is a chance get the mk5 in FDE in future, like the M110 replacement scopes, i'll put that on. Beside that i have the HK precision grip on it (i also have the V7 grip too). Since i live in Europe (yes clone goes easier with a RAL8000 MR308A3) i will go with a B&T suppressor because they are way easier to get here and cost way less then getting an OSS here. I can use the HK Rotex V flash hider and go with the B&T RDS what is similar to the OSS reduced backpressure. Only difference will be, i have the forward assist, since it is not possible get an HK upper without it. Not sure if i wanna use the troy iron sights, maybe in future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.