POF 5pk Pro FTE Issue (please help!)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: POF 5pk Pro FTE Issue (please help!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default POF 5pk Pro FTE Issue (please help!)

I’ll keep my question as short as possible- I got a brand new 5pk pro recently from a third party seller. The first 500 rounds I put through it, I averaged an FTE every 6 or 7 rounds. I tried 6 brands of mags, about 8 varieties of ammo (light and heavy loads), and 3 different rail caps/braces/buffers to see if I could find the issue. No resolution. I deep cleaned twice throughout that period. I recently replaced the extractor and the extractor spring. I ran 150 rounds of various ammo thru the gun, and now seem to have an FTE every 25 rounds or so. Ejection pattern looks good when it works. I’m truly baffled. My next move is to replace the recoil spring, but I’m afraid it may be a timing issue and am no expert with these roller locking guns. Of course, the importer fed arm is no help as I got the gun from a third party. I figured y’all might be able to point me in the right direction?? Appreciate it.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Can you describe the FTE more specifically?

You said the problem became less with new extractor and spring.
    The extractor holds the casing to the bolt face as the bolt travels rearward the bolt carrier presses down the rear of the ejector which cantilevers the front up into the channel on the underside of the bolt and should throw the brass clear.

The ejector consists of the ejector, spring and a pin/pivot that holds it in place.

A better description of the FTE You are experiencing would help guide advice on what to look at and what for. But the next item to check out would the the ejector and spring, I believe Oicani has a sale thread on ejector springs at the moment as well as 94 recoil springs but I do not know is a full size 94 spring would fit in a 5k setup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for the reply. I believe the extractor is pulling the pulling the casing from the chamber but it’s not extracting it from the gun. The bolt tries to rechamber another round and both get stuck. Not sure if that’s helpful but I’ll try to upload a pic at some point. I will also look for an ejector spring too. That sounds like it may be my problem. Maybe I just replace the whole ejector setup? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gulfstategaurd View Post
    Can you describe the FTE more specifically?

You said the problem became less with new extractor and spring.
    The extractor holds the casing to the bolt face as the bolt travels rearward the bolt carrier presses down the rear of the ejector which cantilevers the front up into the channel on the underside of the bolt and should throw the brass clear.

The ejector consists of the ejector, spring and a pin/pivot that holds it in place.

A better description of the FTE You are experiencing would help guide advice on what to look at and what for. But the next item to check out would the the ejector and spring, I believe Oicani has a sale thread on ejector springs at the moment as well as 94 recoil springs but I do not know is a full size 94 spring would fit in a 5k setup.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Is it in it's original configuration? Did you put on a brace? Did it ever function fine?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have tried it on the original end cap, sbt brace, and a zenith cap with no changes in performance

Quote Originally Posted by ecsuser View Post
    Is it in it's original configuration? Did you put on a brace? Did it ever function fine?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

What brand of extractor and extractor spring did you put in? If not German HK please try those. HK Parts, RTK and others have them. They are more expensive than the others but will definitely rule your other parts in or out as a problem. I have a few German HK's and third party parts, except for magazines, have always been disappointing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trump2020 View Post
    I’ll keep my question as short as possible- I got a brand new 5pk pro recently from a third party seller. The first 500 rounds I put through it, I averaged an FTE every 6 or 7 rounds. I tried 6 brands of mags, about 8 varieties of ammo (light and heavy loads), and 3 different rail caps/braces/buffers to see if I could find the issue. No resolution. I deep cleaned twice throughout that period. I recently replaced the extractor and the extractor spring. I ran 150 rounds of various ammo thru the gun, and now seem to have an FTE every 25 rounds or so. Ejection pattern looks good when it works. I’m truly baffled. My next move is to replace the recoil spring, but I’m afraid it may be a timing issue and am no expert with these roller locking guns. Of course, the importer fed arm is no help as I got the gun from a third party. I figured y’all might be able to point me in the right direction?? Appreciate it.

George from Alaska

HK45T DA/SA, HK45T Light LEM, Mark 23 90's era, no lockout, P30L v3, P30L Light LEM, USP .45 Elite
    rrMP5 SEF select fire - Flemming from a 94
    IGF MP5 SBR - now a post sample
    IGF HK33 pistol - now a post sample
    RDTS MP5 pistol from a German HK parts kit - now a post sample
    RDTS MP5 SD pistol from a German HK parts kit - now a post sample
    TSC MP5K N pistol from a German SP89 - now a post sample
    bunch of suppressors
    other NFA machine guns
    07/02

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Another thought... have you checked the headspacing? I just fixed a German HK with extraction issues by getting the headspace correct, it was way off, totally out of spec.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks,
    Yes I did get hk parts thru hk parts.net

Quote Originally Posted by gsyoung54 View Post
    What brand of extractor and extractor spring did you put in? If not German HK please try those. HK Parts, RTK and others have them. They are more expensive than the others but will definitely rule your other parts in or out as a problem. I have a few German HK's and third party parts, except for magazines, have always been disappointing for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have not- how would I go about checking it? Is there a gunsmith that can do that, and how do I fix if it’s off? Appreciate the advice

Quote Originally Posted by gsyoung54 View Post
    Another thought... have you checked the headspacing? I just fixed a German HK with extraction issues by getting the headspace correct, it was way off, totally out of spec.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I have not- how would I go about checking it? Is there a gunsmith that can do that, and how do I fix if it’s off? Appreciate the advice
    Bolt gap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipeC1Yq2F4M

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-refer...tructions.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links