K3P to G3K fail - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: K3P to G3K fail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Make your own. I welded a short length of pipe over top of an old flash hider I already had so that I wouldn't have to mess around with threading. It looks like a teeny tiny suppressor, but open on the front. I refer to it as a flash can.
    kevinmo1 likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I have an old Mini 14 flash hider that might be adaptable, The thrwaded section slip fits up into it. I eastimate it would add 2 7/8 inches to your barrel that way, the exterior base is the exact same extior diameter as an HK Flash hider. If you are good at welding or have a freind who can you could rebate the sleeve portion and weld the front to the flashhider that came on that rifle, that would give you the length you need. Close the bolt on your rifle and drop a rod down the barrel and get an exact measurement to the bolt face so you know exactly what you need.K3P to G3K fail-20200519_102207.jpgK3P to G3K fail-20200519_102146.jpg

Let me know if you want to try it. (PM if yes)
    kevinmo1 likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I have an old Mini 14 flash hider that might be adaptable, The threaded section slip fits up into it. I estimate it would add 2 7/8 inches to your barrel that way, the exterior base is the exact same exterior diameter as an HK Flash hider. If you are good at welding or have a freind who can you could rebate the sleeve portion and weld the front to the flashhider that came on that rifle, that would give you the length you need. Close the bolt on your rifle and drop a rod down the barrel and get an exact measurement to the bolt face so you know exactly what you need.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200519_102207.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	648.9 KB 
ID:	260608Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200519_102146.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	576.2 KB 
ID:	260610

Let me know if you want to try it. (PM if yes)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I went down this exact road with mixed (mostly bad) results. You have covered all the bases that I looked at.

You are welcome to PM me if you want to discuss details.

Suggestions to make the conversion are to have a machine shop make you a 5/8x24 to 15x1 thread/FH adaptor or have a machine shop re-thread the barrel to 15x1. Note that the long 15x1 flash hiders are designed to slide over the barrel about an inch so you will also need to have the barrel turned down for that to happen if you just rethread.

Honestly if you can, SBR is probably the cheapest & best route.
    Last edited by Manchester; 05-19-2020 at 03:27 PM.
    kevinmo1 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Manchester saw one of your old strings back in 2017. You would think someone would make the longer 5/8x24. I spoke with MPI he is going to make some newer ones that will work on a .308. The ones he has now are only .300 blackout and say not for “.308”. They were apparently cracking due to poor installs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yeah, in hindsight I wish I would have just gone the SBR route right from the start.

Now I have a whole can of worms to fix just to get back to the start. In for a penny, in for a pound.
    kevinmo1 likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I have a PTR32K that I am wanting to do the same thing with. It has the same thread pattern as yours. I have one of the extended MPI ones but the smith that I talked to said that he had trouble with some of them cracking. I found a post by another member here with a BE MEYERS M60 Flash hider which is what I was wanting to use because rather than just an extension it is an actual functional flash hider. I still have not got around to it but I plan to order one and see if it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RANGERbjk View Post
    My latest. PTR 32K PDW. BE MEYERS M60 FLASH HIDER PINNED TO LEGAL 16 INCHES, AIM SPORTS 33K MLOK HANDGUARD, SPHUR STOCK.Attachment 218058

There are smiths out there that will make custom flash hiders. I would try Weapons Guild or some of the other more DYI gun boards. I would imagine you could find someone to build one like you want. Good luck. Turbothis was a member on Militaryfirarms.com that used to do custom pieces I'm not sure if he is still around.
    Last edited by The_Great_308; 05-19-2020 at 09:06 PM.
    kevinmo1 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The BE Myers is history, they sold the design rights to JP Enterprises and they don’t make the long one anymore. You need to find a used one.

But I may have a solution, the one from Hk parts with 2 to 3 crush washers behind it gets to 16” + and looks stable with plenty of threading used. Local smith said he would look at it and if so will do the weld, pin and refinish. I am headed that way!!!! Hopefully, maybe, possibly.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why not just SBR it?! Don't sell it!
    kevinmo1 likes this.
    HK MR556, HK USP 45 w/ HK UTL, HK P30L, HK P30SK, HK VP9, HK HK4, Zenith Z5RS - SBR

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Eform 1 that baby :)
    kevinmo1 likes this.
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links