Did Mr. Getz mark his builds in anyway? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Did Mr. Getz mark his builds in anyway?

  1. #11
    Member

    Join Date : May 2019
    Posts : 72
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caf82313 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oo10inz View Post
    I’m wondering if he marked his builds in any specific manner that i would be able to tell that he actually built it and it not be a factory bailey build?
    If its this one it looks like one of the TB specials DJ brokered awhile back.......... https://www.gunbroker.com/item/869415421

    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone...did-again.html
    That is the one! so it’s legit than and a quality K clone?

  2. #12
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    ecsuser's Avatar
    Join Date : Oct 2009
    Location : Rochester, MI
    Posts : 3,059
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oo10inz View Post
    That is the one! so it’s legit than and a quality K clone?
    He didn't say that.

    ETA: It came out of Spring Lake, Michigan, so definitely a Special Weapons (Todd Bailey) receiver. Dave may have sold the barreled upper as part of the Black Market Parts liquidation. But unless it has his name on it - likely he never touched it. It'll probably run just fine though.
    Last edited by ecsuser; 06-03-2020 at 02:20 AM.
    caf82313 likes this.


  3. #13
    Member

    Join Date : May 2019
    Posts : 72
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecsuser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oo10inz View Post
    That is the one! so it’s legit than and a quality K clone?
    He didn't say that.

    ETA: It came out of Spring Lake, Michigan, so definitely a Special Weapons (Todd Bailey) receiver. Dave may have sold the barreled upper as part of the Black Market Parts liquidation. But unless it has his name on it - likely he never touched it. It'll probably run just fine though.
    ah ok thank you sir!

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Member

    Join Date : May 2019
    Posts : 72
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    i asked these questions of the seller shortly before i made this post:

    Hi there can you show me DJs marks on this? or proof that he built it and it’s not just a special weapons produced clone?

    This was the sellers response:

    Getz did not mark these guns. As the pics show...it's marked Special Weapons on the magwell and SW89k on top. This pistol is from one of the last runs (or the last?) Getz did before he retired due to medical reasons. IIRC, SW made and marked receivers with Getz's info for him which he normally used. My guess is he wanted to do a final run of guns and didn't want to wait on SW to make a run of "Getz" receivers. I bought this pistol and 2 other directly from Getz at the time (total of 3). I've used one set up with my sear ever since and the other 2 went unused...it's just time to sell my unused SP89k's. The SP89k hosting my sear has been a "home run" with regard to performance and reliability.

    Proof? Nope...other than I'm the original purchaser and you have my word and track record to see (vs no track record for you?). You can also do google and HKPro searches and read about the "Getz SW89k" guns. Or you may request contact info over at HKPro and contact Getz himself...either way...the pistol is appropriately and correctly represented and you have the means to prove that to your own satisfaction.

    If you have any reservations with regard to the pistol's lineage...by all means do not bid on the listing.

  6. #15
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    HD Bee's Avatar
    Join Date : Jul 2019
    Location : In a TX Hill Country State of Mind. SW of Weird
    Posts : 57
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    As a FFL who manufactured firearms. His company name and address of manufacture would have to be on the firearm to be legal.
    If he assembled the parts on to a marked receiver to make a complete firearm, he would have to mark it.
    You can check the ATF site for the rules.

    If DJ purchase the firearms from SW for resale. he wouldn’t have to mark them.

    The fact that the seller got defensive. Then attacked your character. Would raise red flags to me about it being a genuine Getz build.

    Without DJ’s markings on the firearm. Or a letter of authenticity with the serial number signed and dated by DJ, it’s just BS.
    Last edited by HD Bee; 06-03-2020 at 07:22 AM.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
    Benjamin Franklin.

    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Hunter S. Thompson

  7. #16
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Rdrdr90's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2019
    Location : SE Texas
    Posts : 30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Sheesh. By the sellers response some might think it’s Todd himself selling it.

  8. #17
    Member

    Join Date : May 2019
    Posts : 72
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Thanks all, the defensive response was a red flag for me as well. Also great point about manufacturing and having to put his name on it. I really appreciate the help on this one guys

  9. #18
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    MW2152's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2013
    Location : Bougainville & Tulagi
    Posts : 1,233
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    I have a K clone that came right from Dave himself, new in the box he sent it in. It IS marked as a Special Weapons made gun, and it IS NOT MARKED by Dave in any fashion.

    But it sure as heck came new from Dave. It shipped to me as a firearm via my FFL. In addition, when I decided to get it, I asked Dave if he would be willing to give it a solid DJ going over to ensure it worked. He agrees to do so, checked it all out, made sure fit and and parts installs were fine and no burrs or hic-ups, nothing out of spec, then reported back to me and shipped it as the barreled receiver it was. I just had to add my bolt group and trigger pack and housing and away I went.

    It has functioned perfectly since then.

    So could the gun for sale be a legit gun which is only marked SW and not by Dave? Yep. Absolutely. And no, I have no idea who the seller is and it’s not mine for sale.

    Dave was indeed blowing those receivers out in his last year or so, where he got them I have no idea.

  10. #19
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    caf82313's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Location : Republic of Texas
    Posts : 4,843
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oo10inz View Post
    That is the one! so it’s legit than and a quality K clone?
    If its one of the barreled uppers I know several that bought them and it was hit or miss mostly hit as far as I heard. Pretty sure Dave went over them best he could. Ask the seller if it had a lower with it when he bought it, all those brokered ones were sold without lowers.

    Quote Originally Posted by MW2152 View Post
    where he got them I have no idea.
    His Vendor page is no longer up but here is what he wrote on those he brokered, and he did this a couple of times.

    Quote Originally Posted by DJF View Post
    S/W & Coharie doors are shut for good as of this friday. I worked out another sweetheart deal to purchase the remaining inventory from BMP. I am getting all the left over barreled upper inventory like before. I should have all the details worked out by tomorrow evening. I will have all the details posted in my vendor section. It will be complete barreled uppers with bolt groups, as before, all at my cost to help out the HkPro community. This is my way of saying thank you to our great HkPro community.
    Dj
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

  11. #20
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    HD Bee's Avatar
    Join Date : Jul 2019
    Location : In a TX Hill Country State of Mind. SW of Weird
    Posts : 57
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MW2152 View Post
    I have a K clone that came right from Dave himself, new in the box he sent it in. It IS marked as a Special Weapons made gun, and it IS NOT MARKED by Dave in any fashion.

    But it sure as heck came new from Dave. It shipped to me as a firearm via my FFL. In addition, when I decided to get it, I asked Dave if he would be willing to give it a solid DJ going over to ensure it worked. He agrees to do so, checked it all out, made sure fit and and parts installs were fine and no burrs or hic-ups, nothing out of spec, then reported back to me and shipped it as the barreled receiver it was. I just had to add my bolt group and trigger pack and housing and away I went.

    It has functioned perfectly since then.

    So could the gun for sale be a legit gun which is only marked SW and not by Dave? Yep. Absolutely. And no, I have no idea who the seller is and it’s not mine for sale.

    Dave was indeed blowing those receivers out in his last year or so, where he got them I have no idea.
    You didn’t receive a complete functioning firearm from him only a barreled upper.

    Did he barrel the upper? Or did he purchased a barrel upper, inspect it and then sell it to you?
    If he did either he would not have to mark it.
    It wasn’t a complete functioning firearm that you received from him. So it wouldn’t need to be marked by him.
    Only the receiver by its manufacturer with the serial number.

    Technically that firearm was manufactured by you. If all you received was a barred upper from him. Then built a complete functioning firearm from it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •