Did Mr. Getz mark his builds in anyway? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Did Mr. Getz mark his builds in anyway?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HD Bee View Post
    You didn’t receive a complete functioning firearm from him only a barreled upper.

Did he barrel the upper? Or did he purchased a barrel upper, inspect it and then sell it to you?
    If he did either he would not have to mark it.
    It wasn’t a complete functioning firearm that you received from him. So it wouldn’t need to be marked by him.
    Only the receiver by its manufacturer with the serial number.

Technically that firearm was manufactured by you. If all you received was a barred upper from him. Then built a complete functioning firearm from it.
    Pretty sure he means he bought a Barrelled upper Receiver, no lower that is how Dave sold these see above^^^^^............
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HD Bee View Post
    You didn’t receive a complete functioning firearm from him only a barreled upper.

Did he barrel the upper? Or did he purchased a barrel upper, inspect it and then sell it to you?
    If he did either he would not have to mark it.
    It wasn’t a complete functioning firearm that you received from him. So it wouldn’t need to be marked by him.
    Only the receiver by its manufacturer with the serial number.

Technically that firearm was manufactured by you. If all you received was a barred upper from him. Then built a complete functioning firearm from it.
    A barreled upper would still have a serial number. At that point wouldn't it be a "firearm" designated as a pistol due to barrel length? Even it it didn't have a trigger group.

Could it be that SW rolled and stamped the receivers and had Dave install the barrel and other internals?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If DJ was only selling barreled receivers then that’s what the add should state.
    He did not build a complete firearm.

I’ve bought barreled Garand receivers from the CMP and built them into complete rifles.
    Did the CMP manufacture a functioning rifle and sell it to me? No
    They only sold me a barreled upper receiver.
    If I where to sell one and say that it was a CMP built rifle, I would be lying.
    It is a a Garand that I built using a CMP barred upper and should be stated as such.
    Last edited by HD Bee; 06-03-2020 at 03:23 PM.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
    Benjamin Franklin.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Hunter S. Thompson

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

So did any of you who purchased an upper from him that is NOT marked with the DJGetz logo GET A RECEIPT signed by DJGetz with his company name on it.

THAT would be a good 'piece of paper' for provenance to at least prove it passed through his hands.

Without it being marked OR having paperwork signed by DJGetz, it will be hard to prove when YOU sell it on.

We all sell them on EVENTUALLY. Even if it's from 'our estate'. Without solid proof, it's a nice story, but doesn't rise to verification.

It is just a story. Not a slam on ANYONE, but in this day of 'fakes' selling for solid workmanship we ALL have to be careful with whom we trust.

and telling the NEXT BUYER, "I heard it from the guy who bought it from a guy who bought it from DJGetz".

See, doesn't sound nearly as convincing as "I bought it from a guy who bought it from DJGetz and HERE is the signed receipt signed by DJGetz himself".

See, HUGE DIFFERENCE between the two scenarios. One means you have the word of someone you may know and trust, but the person you sell it on to, won't know that person (assuming you are both still alive) and won't take your word on it without some form of proof.

So while this seller gets a bit huffy "don't believe me, DON'T BID ON IT" is exactly what you would expect from someone who does not have any written proof. Sorry, but that is just my read.

Let's put it this way. Would you purchase an HK CLONE that is being sold as TRUE HK manufacture without any markings or proof of WHO actually manufactured it.

In this case it was SW - aka TB...
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

Not sure WHAT is so hard for everyone to Understand here??? DJ bought/brokered some Todd Bailey/BMP/SW Barreled Upper Receiver/Pistols complete with everything EXCEPT for the Lowers THEY ARE NOT TRUE DJ Guns he sold them though what is so hard for everyone to UNDERSTAND?
    GregAB likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

Here are the markings on a DJ gun
    Did Mr. Getz mark his builds in anyway?-dj.jpg
    Did Mr. Getz mark his builds in anyway?-dj1.jpg
    GregAB likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

caf82313 100% correct in his statement, if it's not marked DJ Getz Firearms Co. Slatington, PA it's NOT a true DJ build.
    Quote Originally Posted by caf82313 View Post
    Not sure WHAT is so hard for everyone to Understand here??? DJ bought/brokered some Todd Bailey/BMP/SW Barreled Upper Receiver/Pistols complete with everything EXCEPT for the Lowers THEY ARE NOT TRUE DJ Guns he sold them though what is so hard for everyone to UNDERSTAND?
    caf82313 likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

As I stated, he was selling already made barreled receivers. They were stamped by Special Weapons and serialized by them also, as THEY were the manufacturer. Not DJ and not me. It was a firearm for the purposes of the ATF and had to be handled on a 4473 just like a stripped AR lower receiver.

I DID not manufacture the firearm, nor did DJ, Special Weapons did. That was how it was listed on the ATF Form 4473.

Why are you going down this rabbit hole anyway? And who cares ???

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caf82313 View Post
    It isn't! I agree! He built some out and those are marked by him as such, he also sold SW made barreled uppers. I get it.
    caf82313 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MW2152 View Post
    As I stated, he was selling already made barreled receivers. They were stamped by Special Weapons and serialized by them also, as THEY were the manufacturer. Not DJ and not me. It was a firearm for the purposes of the ATF and had to be handled on a 4473 just like a stripped AR lower receiver.

I DID not manufacture the firearm, nor did DJ, Special Weapons did. That was how it was listed on the ATF Form 4473.

Why are you going down this rabbit hole anyway? And who cares ???

To tell the truth I don’t care but I do know what the FFL laws are.

As a non-FFL you can buy a receiver and build a rifle or pistol for yourself, if it is legal to own in your state.
    Once you start building them and selling them you need a FFL and have to mark them.

Like I said on the GB ad. Without markings it’s just a barreled upper purchased from DJ. Not a complete firearm built by him.
    Last edited by HD Bee; 06-04-2020 at 03:02 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links