Did Mr. Getz mark his builds in anyway? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Did Mr. Getz mark his builds in anyway?

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MW2152 View Post
    It isn't! I agree! He built some out and those are marked by him as such, he also sold SW made barreled uppers. I get it.
    I was not casting aspersions. THIS ^^^^^ is exactly what I was saying. The thing is, which ones are worth more?

I personally believe if DJGetz worked on them and marked them as such, they are worth a LOT MORE than the ones that he did not work on.

He may have sold them, passing them along, but if it was TB SW who was the manufacturer and marked as such, I see these as worth 'less' than a true DJGetz marked/manufactured firearm.

That's just my opinion.

I could be wrong. And it would not be the first time or the last.
    Last edited by wallew; 06-04-2020 at 09:10 PM.
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who would have thunk that we'd reach the point of arguing about the provenance of SW vs DJ Getz SW clones and asking for signed receipts from DJ himself

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I believe the discussion is about the validity of the auction on GB.

The seller is saying that a SW barred upper bought through DJ is a DJ built firearm.

Is a SW barreled upper with who knows what other parts built by who knows, worth the same as a DJ built firearm?

It’s up to you if you bid on the auction.
    Last edited by HD Bee; 06-06-2020 at 02:37 AM.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
    Benjamin Franklin.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Hunter S. Thompson

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I ended up buying one of the ones this seller had (there were two). They are labeled Special Weapons, SW89k. I also own a DJGetz DF89 (full size). I had an SB tactical k pistol brace and put on it for now. I haven't had an opportunity to fully tear down the SW89k, and I'm certainly no authority on either. I'll admit that I do feel a tinge mislead by the Gun broker Ad's mention of DJ Getz as it appears he simply brokered the sale of these, but it does appear to be a fine firearm. If I remember to do it, I'll post a range report when I have the chance to shoot it.

I didn't find this thread until after the fact, and I appreciate the info here from both the seller and the sleuths here @ HKPro. Based on my interaction with DJ Getz, I do believe he would have only re-sold quality products, and am glad to know he at least gave these a once over.

Did Mr. Getz mark his builds in anyway?-img_20200611_153004.jpg
    Last edited by AceHK; 06-13-2020 at 08:46 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links