Steel lower on MP5
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Steel lower on MP5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Steel lower on MP5

Hello everyone! I am converting my PTR 9CT to have full wood furniture(to match my G3) and need a steel lower so that I can use RTGParts wood pistol grip. I already made the handguard and am waiting for a form 1 for the stock.

Can I use a G3 steel lower? Just some modifications to the tang or something? I believe I read that somewhere but could not find anything.. If so, can all of the internals from the PTR swap to the G3 lower? Or should I buy a complete G3 lower?

Thanks for any help!
    Steeldog likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hate to bump but does anyone know? I was hoping to order before RTG sells out of anything else I need. I tried emailing them with no luck so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes it will work, I have done it myself for my Zenith Z5rs
    you will have to cut off excess from the G3 lower
    Also you will need to get a selector switch lever for a steel housing, RTG has those as well

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

A g3 lower will work, you'd need one modified in the front for a semi shelf or have to cut off the tabs. You'd need to cut the back down from 2 pin holes to one.

The other thing would be to just find a hk94 lower as they are steel and ready to go. They are only marked 0,1 so if you want sef well then modify a g3 one. The hk94 lowers come up on here semi often(not saying check my fs thread).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snonut98 View Post
    yes it will work, I have done it myself for my Zenith Z5rs
    you will have to cut off excess from the G3 lower
    Also you will need to get a selector switch lever for a steel housing, RTG has those as well
    Thanks for the info!! So I just need a G3 selector or do I need something special? And everything else from the MP5 lower should swap?

Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    A g3 lower will work, you'd need one modified in the front for a semi shelf or have to cut off the tabs. You'd need to cut the back down from 2 pin holes to one.

The other thing would be to just find a hk94 lower as they are steel and ready to go. They are only marked 0,1 so if you want sef well then modify a g3 one. The hk94 lowers come up on here semi often(not saying check my fs thread).
    Thanks for the info! I am working on a budget(as much of a budget as you can have with HK clones) so I'll go the G3 route to save a good chunk of cash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snonut98 View Post

Thanks man. I am ordering tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

IDK if someone mentioned, because you have a PTR, that you need a lower that is clipped and pinned. Those products linked won't work initially without more "fitting".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slipperychicken View Post
    IDK if someone mentioned, because you have a PTR, that you need a lower that is clipped and pinned. Those products linked won't work initially without more "fitting".
    I was thinking about my project so I was delayed in ordering. I haven't ordered anything yet.

Is there a steel lower that will work without the extra "fitting" or do I just need to be ready to do them?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I remember seeing some clipped versions on robertrtg under the G3 section but they are not priced similarly. I can't post links yet but search this SKU on there: HKK-4881

Some fitting will be required to an extent. I do not have any experience with clipping lowers as my clone is configured for push pins, however i did modify a plastic G3 SEF lower to house a binary. I shortened the rear tang and opened up the lower front of the trigger housing to accommodate the shelf specific to my firearm. Mine originally came with a semi steel lower and it just depends on where the "shelf" indexes from your PTR receiver into whatever housing you're planning on using.
    mattbhm likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links