• 1 Post By BulkHead
  • 1 Post By Jdindadell

Thread: Magpul SL grip on K3P/G3K clone

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Magpul SL grip on K3P/G3K clone

Installed a Magpul SL on my G3K clone.
    Install was rather straightforward, although the fit was very tight. Using a small rod or punch to pull the trigger group into rough position helps, and then tap the trigger group into final position with a nylon hammer. Once in, functions as it should.
    Fit of the grip module is great. Texturing on the grip is somewhat aggressive on the sides, and the profile is somewhat thinner. The oiler is a great touch. The grip is slightly more vertical than the OEM, which is nice even with the OEM selector switch. The grip angle helps make operation of the selector a little easier, although the longer Magpul switch probably would make this more ergonomic. With just the grip less manipulation of the rifle is needed to rotate the selector. The pictographs are very lightly done, and I think it would be rather difficult to color fill them.
    Very good first impressions of the grip.

Magpul SL grip on K3P/G3K clone-img_5600.jpg

Magpul SL grip on K3P/G3K clone-img_5601.jpg

Magpul SL grip on K3P/G3K clone-img_5602.jpg

Magpul SL grip on K3P/G3K clone-img_5598.jpg

Magpul SL grip on K3P/G3K clone-img_5597.jpg

Magpul SL grip on K3P/G3K clone-img_5589.jpg

Magpul SL grip on K3P/G3K clone-img_5591.jpg

Magpul SL grip on K3P/G3K clone-img_5595.jpg

Magpul SL grip on K3P/G3K clone-img_5594.jpg

Magpul SL grip on K3P/G3K clone-img_5593.jpg
    Manchester likes this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for making this! I’ll be excited about colored lowers and a K2+ vertical grip HK version for lowers. I hope they make things for the G3 and HK 33, too.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Are they planning on making these in fde, stealth grey, etc?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Tug
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Thanks for the post. Curious, is the ambi selector not something you wanted?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slytiger View Post
    Thanks for making this! I’ll be excited about colored lowers and a K2+ vertical grip HK version for lowers. I hope they make things for the G3 and HK 33, too.
    The SL fits the G3. I swapped this over onto my 91GIR and it goes on just like the polymer s/f lower I have on it.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkpsp View Post
    Are they planning on making these in fde, stealth grey, etc?

I haven't seen anything indicating they are, but I really haven't looked either.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tug View Post
    Thanks for the post. Curious, is the ambi selector not something you wanted?

No, not particularly. I don't have any ambis on my ARs or anything else, never really looked for that feature. My only real interest in the Magpul selector would be to try a different length. Possibly even a shorter one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Many thanks for the pics,and your G3K is a thing of beauty!!!! I have been planning on making a G3K inspired pistol, have most of the parts save for the barrel.

The picture quality and the last 3 showing the comparison to the stock grip angle are just what I needed to see. A pet peev of mine is the awful pics that most products are sold by. You did a great job with the detail closeups as well. Looks like my cohaire 9 is going to get magpul furniture now!!
    BulkHead likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jdindadell View Post
    Many thanks for the pics,and your G3K is a thing of beauty!!!! I have been planning on making a G3K inspired pistol, have most of the parts save for the barrel.

The picture quality and the last 3 showing the comparison to the stock grip angle are just what I needed to see. A pet peev of mine is the awful pics that most products are sold by. You did a great job with the detail closeups as well. Looks like my cohaire 9 is going to get magpul furniture now!!
    Thank you. Glad it helped. I try to put pics up of things that I wanted to know but couldn't/didn't find when I was researching. Good luck with your build.

Sponsored Links