California/New York compliant clones - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: California/New York compliant clones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The type I bullet buttons should all be either registered or replaced with a different compliance system. The window for registration of type 1 bullet buttons is closed.

Any registered bullet button AWs are able to use >10rd mags as a result of being registered.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think I can agree with that, but I really don't have any intention of messing with any type I bullet button guns.

I no longer own any type I bullet button guns.
    I registered a few firearms during the initial AWB but given the uncertainty leading up to the second registration I chose to modify any of mine before the initial date the law went into effect.
    Once we got to registration on those second round type I bullet button guns the reports I heard made me glad I made the effort to do the mods instead. I may still know a few people with a type I gun but almost everyone I can think of did the mods before the law went into effect.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

In California, if you configure your rifle into the featureless configuration you may use legally acquired 30 round magazines.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StarWolf View Post
    I think I can agree with that, but I really don't have any intention of messing with any type I bullet button guns.
    At this point nobody should have the intention of messing with a type I unless they already own a registered one. Trying to make a type I now is illegal.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Preaching to the choir folks.

When making a type I was legal putting anything in it except a magazine limited to 10 rounds or less was not legal.
    IF you registered it as an assault weapon it MIGHT be legal but I have no intention of testing that hypothesis in this silly state.
    IF you are making a type II, which is one of two ways to assemble or modify an otherwise prohibited rifle to make it legal for CA, I think the 10 round statutory limitation on the fixed mag remains in effect. Thus it remains that if you take a legal type II and pop a legal >10 mag in it you have created an illegal situation.

When I stated I had no intent of messing with any type I bullet button guns I was referring to any which might be currently legally owned and possessed. Say those folks I know (or who I might happen to meet) who registered their gun(s) and happened to have them at the range while I was there. I don't intend to be the one to be caught with it sporting a >10 mag just so I can maybe be the test case for the law. Granted the owner should be right there 'in control' but there's no need to tempt anyone to lock up the whole kit and caboodle in one fell swoop just to see what might stick.

Nobody's talking about building 'new' type I guns.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StarWolf View Post
    Preaching to the choir folks.

When making a type I was legal putting anything in it except a magazine limited to 10 rounds or less was not legal.
    IF you registered it as an assault weapon it MIGHT be legal but I have no intention of testing that hypothesis in this silly state.
    IF you are making a type II, which is one of two ways to assemble or modify an otherwise prohibited rifle to make it legal for CA, I think the 10 round statutory limitation on the fixed mag remains in effect. Thus it remains that if you take a legal type II and pop a legal >10 mag in it you have created an illegal situation.

When I stated I had no intent of messing with any type I bullet button guns I was referring to any which might be currently legally owned and possessed. Say those folks I know (or who I might happen to meet) who registered their gun(s) and happened to have them at the range while I was there. I don't intend to be the one to be caught with it sporting a >10 mag just so I can maybe be the test case for the law. Granted the owner should be right there 'in control' but there's no need to tempt anyone to lock up the whole kit and caboodle in one fell swoop just to see what might stick.

Nobody's talking about building 'new' type I guns.
    Exactly that is why I went the featureless route. No registration for me. And I’m able to use all my grandfathered gi mags and my >10 “freedom week” legally acquired magazines. And I must say “I’m not a lawyer” just like to know the solid points of these constricting laws so I know as to what proverbial “hoops” I need to jump through. JM2C

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links