PTR 9KT - Failure to eject - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: PTR 9KT - Failure to eject

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Honestly - looking it over now, there isn’t much side to side play in the ejector arm. However, there is some wear on the back of it. See pics.

Still no response from PTR, by the way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PTR 9KT - Failure to eject-67f50e23-d11f-425f-8f4a-f45bc0587d14_1592600376326.jpeg   PTR 9KT - Failure to eject-10cdcfb8-26e4-41e5-993f-de90a46f55a2_1592600391006.jpeg   PTR 9KT - Failure to eject-f7b6dcc0-4d16-46eb-a7a4-83e1c034cac4_1592600405701.jpeg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ordered a HK part from brownells... lets see if it helps - I'd hate to throw money at this thing trying to fix it and that not solve the problem.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

What’s the bolt gap?
    Hidden Content

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorDave View Post
    What’s the bolt gap?
    I dunno man. I don’t have feeler gauges around here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had similar issues with my Beltfed, but found that it was cheap magazines that were the culprit. Also working the bolt and spring back in forth and shooting it fixed the issue. PTR models have had a reputation lately for bolt gap spacing being off. I would measure it and probably send it back to PTR. While there are some bugs to be worked out I think the servicing dept has been up to par at PTR. They should fix the problem.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billythewop View Post
    They are a necessary tool for hk roller locked guns. Autozone has some for under $5. Any time I have one with cycling problems that’s one of the first things I check.
    Pilot172000 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot172000 View Post
    I would measure it and probably send it back to PTR. While there are some bugs to be worked out I think the servicing dept has been up to par at PTR. They should fix the problem.
    Yeahhhhh I emailed them 3 days ago now and still no response. At all. Soooo - I’m a little skeptical of their customer service at this point in time.

EDIT: Their emails were going to my spam folder. do not want to soil their name.
    Last edited by billythewop; 06-22-2020 at 03:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone have any feedback on the pictures of the wear on the ejector lever? Good? Bad? Normal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorDave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by billythewop View Post
    They are a necessary tool for hk roller locked guns. Autozone has some for under $5. Any time I have one with cycling problems that’s one of the first things I check.
    I’m gathering that. I may need to go get some.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Call them. This COVID 19 stuff has done a number on a lot of companies. Catching them on the phone may help. I have never dealt with them but researching my next projects has given me a good bit of input. First their 9mm guns are work in progress with similar issues to what you mention. Second their PTR91 models are very well thought of and their business model is pretty solid. Third they have been receptive to their clientele regarding the issues with their 9mm models. They want to make it work but have to get through the learning curve. Of all the K models I have been researching they are the newest to the market but have a lot invested and are not a fly by night company.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links