He who mustnít be named... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: He who mustnít be named...

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let me add my Bobcat K that I believe “he” also produced. It runs amazingly well. He mostly took good care of me When I contacted him. I feel fortunate to own several of his creations.

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ecsuser View Post
    That's a real old house rule. I think SG relaxed it several years ago and we can again utter his name. I just choose not to
    Yeah... The discussion ban was lifted ages ago under the proviso that things must be kept civil.

Wondering what happened to your posts???
    Please take a moment to re-read the terms that
    you agreed to
    when you signed up:
    Hidden Content .

Help bring sense to the NFA world, join Hidden Content .

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

FWIW Years ago I spoke to his wife about an order for a clone MSG 90 barreled receiver and she was very friendly and helpful. I think customer service and problem resolution were the weak points.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone have any rough counts of how many guns "He" and his companies have made? It's got to be in the 10's of thousands I would think. I own three that run like a top after tossing out the innards and putting in German or RCM replacements.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I had a couple of phone convos with the guy. And multiple emails. He was always helpful and civil with me but I can understand the feelings of others who's experience was not the same.

My biggest problem was the guns. Had two, one early cast receiver SW5 and a later stamped model of the same. Neither worked 100%, ever, no matter what I did to them. The later rifle was sent to a well known HK guru and came back exactly as it was sent. I sold them both and washed my hands of everything associated with any brand he was involved with.

I will give him credit for single handedly creating the clone market. To my knowledge there was nothing, no maker of any kind doing aftermarket clones until he started it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfyr View Post
    Anyone have any rough counts of how many guns "He" and his companies have made? It's got to be in the 10's of thousands I would think. I own three that run like a top after tossing out the innards and putting in German or RCM replacements.
    He didn't only sell complete guns. I purchased one of his MP5 uppers. It also runs 99% with some amount of German parts.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post
    Yes, the Coharie 416.

He who shall not be named lives on through GSG9 (G36/UMP parts) and his brother Wade @ Omega...

Now he is just in the shadows lol.
    Don't forget most of the unmarked parts sold by hkparts.net

Quote Originally Posted by paul123 View Post
    Still though , for all of the bad blood and "interesting" ways his many company's chose to do business. there is no denying the fact that a good part of the clone industry would simply not exist without his contributions. even if it was only for the fact that someone who was scorned by one of his products then took it upon themselves to build a better one.
    Yea despite being the pile of crap that he is Todd did really push the clone industry and still is with the ump and g36 parts. On other fronts I don't think PCS and RTG have gotten their 33 receivers into production yet so most of those guns are going to be on Todd's flats, as are the 40/10mm mp5's. When LSC mp5 flats dry up the builders end up going back to Todd's for mp5 clones as well.

Ideally I'd rather not do business with him but he is still a major parts supplier in the industry.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwesi View Post
    He didn't only sell complete guns. I purchased one of his MP5 uppers. It also runs 99% with some amount of German parts.
    I thought about that after posting because I remembered I bought a serialized rolled receiver that Ghillie built into a 53 with RCM parts. I see SW/Coharie guns all over GB, with lots of them unfired, so there are gobs of them in the wild.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I hate to admit that I do own one of his guns and another made on one of his receivers.

The SD has run since day one without an issue. Cleaned it really well and lubed it up.

That said I did toss the BCG and replaced it with a RCM unit even before I shot it.

The other is a 33SG1 clone built by Jeff Walters. It has yet to let me down.
    Last edited by HK556WI; 07-06-2020 at 11:44 PM.
    Spitfyr likes this.
    Lighting the Darkness

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    Don't forget most of the unmarked parts sold by hkparts.net

Yea despite being the pile of crap that he is Todd did really push the clone industry and still is with the ump and g36 parts. On other fronts I don't think PCS and RTG have gotten their 33 receivers into production yet so most of those guns are going to be on Todd's flats, as are the 40/10mm mp5's. When LSC mp5 flats dry up the builders end up going back to Todd's for mp5 clones as well.

Ideally I'd rather not do business with him but he is still a major parts supplier in the industry.
    LSC's are still available . And we have been building on our 33 flats for the last couple of years. Their Receiver flats are still used a lot But do you have several issues. Just trying to update your information

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/L...T-132p2306.htm
    Last edited by ghilliebear2000; 07-05-2020 at 10:26 PM.
    Ghilliebear
    Us Army (Ret) INFANTRY.
    I AM MY COUNTRY'S STRENGTH
    IN WAR!

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

918-696-8715
    918-781-3939
    Class 2 SOT
    ITAR M37434

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links