MP5 trigger housing

Thread: MP5 trigger housing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default MP5 trigger housing

I've got a PTR 9CT and it has the stock housing with the standard SEF lower. I'm wanting to put the 3 position lower on it. Will my standard trigger pack work with this or do I need a specific pack? I know I'll need to get the correct selector.

Any input is appreciated.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

You will need an ambidextrous trigger pack and the ambi safety selectors. Be cautious of the made in USA ones from __parts as several including myself had trouble with them.
    Last edited by hkpsp; 06-28-2020 at 01:53 PM.

HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFSmith383 View Post
    I've got a PTR 9CT and it has the stock housing with the standard SEF lower. I'm wanting to put the 3 position lower on it. Will my standard trigger pack work with this or do I need a specific pack? I know I'll need to get the correct selector.

Any input is appreciated.
    I'm a bit confused on your question. Do you want a 3pos Navy style or a 3pos contoured grip? Because, if you have an SEF housing already, you should have 3pos's. Either way, any 3pos housing that is NOT ambi will work with your factory trigger pack/selector combo and will get you Safe/Fire/Fire. The trigger pack is what limits trigger travel and stops it from getting into the FA pos, not the selector. The PTR in my avatar has the contour housing with factory tp/selector and works just as I mentioned. IMO there is no need to buy an ambi pack unless you want it for cool factor. Personally if I were you, I would get a housing that is not CnP'd and do it myself. Save the money to spend on something else and learn another craft. I've done all my own and sold one to another member on here who hasn't complained. It's not rocket science. Just my .02 FWIW.
    Hidden Content 93A3│Hidden Content SP5│Hidden Content SP5K│Hidden Content MP5 N│Hidden Content MP5-22│Hidden Content VP9│SAR8│PTR 9CT

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry if I wasnt clear on which housing I want.

https://hkparts.net/product/hk-3-pos...using-p162.htm

This is the one I'm wanting.

https://hkparts.net/product/hk-germa...using-p164.htm

This is the housing that's already my 9CT.

I'm also wanting to use the ambi selector on the new lower.

HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFSmith383 View Post
    Sorry if I wasnt clear on which housing I want.

https://hkparts.net/product/hk-3-pos...using-p162.htm

This is the one I'm wanting.

https://hkparts.net/product/hk-germa...using-p164.htm

This is the housing that's already my 9CT.

I'm also wanting to use the ambi selector on the new lower.
    Like hkpsps said, you will need to get an ambi S/F trigger pack/selector combo to work with that housing. Money wise, you might be better off sourcing the items. Here is the pack you need. Here is the selector but is not the extended type.

Edit: Hate to say it but you may be better off buying one of the several used 4pos F/A packs that pop up often and have it converted (if it can be done) to S/F. You might get one of the armorers on here to do it for the parts content? Just speculation but does not hurt to ask. I would imagine the Navy 3pos SEF pack would be easier with the less parts involved but they do not pop up for sale like the 4pos ones do.
    Last edited by Chargerdude70; 06-28-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the responses guys, didn't realize it would be such an in depth (expensive) endeavor. I ended up settling for the Magpul ambi safety for my stock housing. I've heard good things about it so I guess it will fit the bill.

Sponsored Links