Magpul grip module and BHO on 5/10 or 40
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rdrdr90

Thread: Magpul grip module and BHO on 5/10 or 40

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Magpul grip module and BHO on 5/10 or 40

Anybody out there ever trimmed a grip module to get to fit with the BHO on 5/10 or 40’s? Before I do it, I want to see if anyone has done it and if they could share thier process. Thanks.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

I have seen many poor and bad grip frame conversions. My advice is to send it out to a pro or buy one that already done already done.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That’s why I don’t mind trying it on the Magpul. It’s cheap.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HKPARTS.NET will do this for $25.00. I had them do it on a PTR S/F grip in 2012 to see how it would come out, and they did an awesome job.
    Send the Magpul grip to them, and they will make you a Magpul MP5/10/40 grip module with BHO cut out.

I would also not be surprised if they purchase a large quantity of the Magpuls so they can offer this as a standard item, as opposed to the customer having to supply the grip.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lossiter View Post
    HKPARTS.NET will do this for $25.00. I had them do it on a PTR S/F grip in 2012 to see how it would come out, and they did an awesome job.
    Send the Magpul grip to them, and they will make you a Magpul MP5/10/40 grip module with BHO cut out.

I would also not be surprised if they purchase a large quantity of the Magpuls so they can offer this as a standard item, as opposed to the customer having to supply the grip.
    Awesome. Thanks!
    Lossiter likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I used a bench grinder and a pair of steady hands. Bench grinders are available most places, steady hands are another thing!!! You could probably use just about any cutting tool to do this, hand or power. A belt sander with a decent table would be my choice. Or a somewhat awkward setup in a mill.

I used my existing 40 cal lower to measure and mark up the non bho cut lower. Just carefully ground up to the lines, then finished the edges and sides with a sharp knife. Scrape the plastic with the blade perpendicular to the plastic. It is very easy to get a nice smooth finish on plastic with this technique.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jdindadell View Post
    I used a bench grinder and a pair of steady hands. Bench grinders are available most places, steady hands are another thing!!! You could probably use just about any cutting tool to do this, hand or power. A belt sander with a decent table would be my choice. Or a somewhat awkward setup in a mill.

I used my existing 40 cal lower to measure and mark up the non bho cut lower. Just carefully ground up to the lines, then finished the edges and sides with a sharp knife. Scrape the plastic with the blade perpendicular to the plastic. It is very easy to get a nice smooth finish on plastic with this technique.
    Exactly what I was looking for. Using a dremel makes me a bit uneasy, but a bench grinder, that I can probably do. Lots of time spent with bench grinders.

Thank you!

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Little off subject but anybody done a color fill on these? Same as on an AR lower or ???
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    - Abraham Lincoln

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by axehole View Post
    Little off subject but anybody done a color fill on these? Same as on an AR lower or ???
    I was going to give that a shot after I get it to fit on my wep. I’ll report back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rdrdr90 View Post
    Exactly what I was looking for. Using a dremel makes me a bit uneasy, but a bench grinder, that I can probably do. Lots of time spent with bench grinders.

Thank you!
    No prob, you will find it very easy to remove material, just use light pressure on the grinding wheel.

Sponsored Links