Cag416 Build Check
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Cag416 Build Check

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Cag416 Build Check

I have updated my hk416 build to a CAG416 build.
    Can someone verify my lower and upper before I order my parts such as issues?
    - Someone pointed out to me earlier about the geissele buffer tube and the hk416 stock though now I want to go with the magpul CTR stock. Will I run into any issues with that?
    - Not everything on the list is in stock everywhere and will need to be sourced from differnt places.Cag416 Build Check-capture.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cag416 Build Check-capture.jpg  
    Last edited by 0grelord; 07-12-2020 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Attached Wrong Image

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Hello! I noticed a few things, I either encountered same questions when I was building mine or I read/heard about them so I could be wrong:)
    -Geissele trigger wont work with firing pin safety unless you take it off from the bolt carrier.
    -If you are using the ctr stock, why get the commercial tube? Milspec diameter hk stock can be sourced.
    -Are you building the tan 416 or the earlier black ones? If you are doing the tan version I highly suggest you to get the geissele DDC tube, as I did for mine.
    -Source a geissele handguard if building tan version.

Lastly, check out this website for clones: https://www.clonerifles.com/theclones/hk-416d-cag

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks so much for your advice, I attached the wrong image. Let me upload the correct one. That was a very early scrap build that was not good at all. This is the correct one. Cag416 Build Check-capture.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Noticed it is the mr762 trigger... does that work with the 416? They make a separate 416 and mr556 trigger for it. Also the knights armament trigger will work. There’s a thread here that lists all compatible triggers with the 416/mr556
    LCSO264 likes this.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's just the way geiselle's website works. I think they labeled the URL wrong. It opens up their MR556 trigger.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

What you should be watching is the for-sale boards here.

There are tons of factory parts (new and used) going that by that are out of stock a lot of places; often for market or less than market price.

Again, skip the HKParts barrel and get with Nefarious Arms for one of theirs that actually shoots well and will work.
    IsaacL, LCSO264 and InshallahTech like this.

Banned

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Are you going for a tan or black build? Don't get that buffer tube, don't get that QD end plate, and don't get the Super 42 buffer. If you have any specific questions about doing that clone build, shoot me a DM and i'll tell you anything you want to know.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Why not use the DDC buffer tube?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You also need a wilcox riser w flip mount. The EXPS3 sits to tall for it so you would want the Xps2 instead. Also the KAC front and rear sights.

Also keep in mind quite a bit of the stuff on your list can be difficult to procure and takes patience along with money

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

take @dms16 advice. watch the sale boards here. also, get a Nefarious barrel. the Geissele MR556 trigger absolutely works, I have one on one of my 416 builds.... now finding one, that is a different story, they have been out of stock on Geissele's site forever......
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper