Brownells’ HK 417 build question
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Brownells’ HK 417 build question

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default Brownells’ HK 417 build question

Just finishing my HK 416 build and Brownells is tempting me with their 417 kit-was holding out for a .308 Bren but that hasn’t happened yet...(I know) and I thought I could do lots worse for my firsts .308 then a 417. Brownells’ has their last kits on sale right now. My questions are 1) are the B clones pretty good accuracy wise with the Brownells’ barrel and 2) now isnt a great time for me to jump into the 417 kit, how likely is it that I will be able to pick up a 417 upper in the future for a reasonable price? The upper parts are on GB for crazy prices. Thank you in advance for you thoughts

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cjude View Post
    how likely is it that I will be able to pick up a 417 upper in the future for a reasonable price?
    A real 417 upper w/barrel? Slim and none and slim left town. As far as Some variant clone hybrid MR762 etc not sure the market has dried up on the MR's, I know a couple of things and have heard rumors on others but nothing substantiated..............but you should be able to scab something together........
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Well, Brownells sold out around the time I posted-We’ll see if they come back in...-I was also interested if anyone had experience with putting the kit together with the Brownells barrel. Looked pretty nice.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

H&K Certified Armorer
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Well, Brownells sold out around the time I posted-We’ll see if they come back in...-I was also interested if anyone had experience with putting the kit together with the Brownells barrel. Looked pretty nice.
    I have three of them. Everything is good to go except the barrels... the gas block location is off and the port hole size is too big. The supplier of the barrels has been made aware but I do not have an update as to resolution. In the mean time, I will be "correcting" my barrels as to get proper function.

As for getting them back in, unless they held back inventory, don't count on it. What they got was a one-time deal unless they find another overseas cache.
    Last edited by Chopstix Kid; 07-16-2020 at 03:41 AM.
    caf82313 likes this.
    Dakota Tactical (07/C2)
    H&K Certified Armorer
    B&T Master Dealer
    Roller Locks Made Right(TM)

Looking for a Nanuk case?
    Enjoy 15% off site wide at Hidden Content
    Use code: JSTOP15

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

War does not determine who is right - only who is left. ~ Bertrand Russell

Hidden Content

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)

Well they also "Sold Out" last year then mysteriously came back in stock this year, not saying they didn't sell out this time but you might call them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Please update if you hear a resolution on the barrels. I noticed the GB cut is to far forward. I wish they had barrels without the gas port drilled.
    Chopstix Kid likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Just finishing my HK 416 build and Brownells is tempting me with their 417 kit-was holding out for a .308 Bren but that hasn’t happened yet...(I know) and I thought I could do lots worse for my firsts .308 then a 417. Brownells’ has their last kits on sale right now. My questions are 1) are the B clones pretty good accuracy wise with the Brownells’ barrel and 2) now isnt a great time for me to jump into the 417 kit, how likely is it that I will be able to pick up a 417 upper in the future for a reasonable price? The upper parts are on GB for crazy prices. Thank you in advance for you thoughts
    If you choose this path you can also look to snag a 762 spare barrel from Numrich or MGW when next they got done. They seem to get them in onesy twosies.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I got my order in under the wire. The kit sold out pretty quickly. I’m surprised they were listed as on sale.

I’d like to build the parts kit as an assaulter upper. I saw another post where the OP did a very sexy job, but no range report as of yet.

H&K Certified Armorer
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caf82313 View Post
    Well they also "Sold Out" last year then mysteriously came back in stock this year, not saying they didn't sell out this time but you might call them.
    They didn't sell out last year... they pulled them due to issues with the FP. They had large tip pins made and the bolt heads were small tip. Once they got the matter resolved, they put them back up. The head smith there is a buddy of mine. I'll ask him tomorrow but IIRC from my last convo with him, they are gone gone.
    Last edited by Chopstix Kid; 07-19-2020 at 03:32 AM.
    aksog likes this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Boo, well I should have moved on it sooner. Maybe Ill do a WTB on here at some point, someone might have an extra kit. Thanks on the heads up on the barrels, I was going to buy a lower, bolt and barrel with the hope to score a kit in the future. I guess Ill hold off on the barrel. Any issues with the bolts now?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links