Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By MSOGDAWG
  • 1 Post By MSOGDAWG
  • 1 Post By Chargerdude70

Thread: 416c .22lr

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

So I got my SBR stamp back this morning and I assembled my project. It is a Walther 416 .22lr pistol. I added a VFC airsoft stock as that is what is the best fit and the rifle doesnt require a functioning buffer tube, spring and buffer. This took quite a bit of dremeling on the right side of the receiver and take down pins. Reason being is the right fork of the stock would bind against the take down pin and not collapse. I took some material off to allow the pin to sit more flush. I also had to hand file the inside of the stock's right fork to allow for smoother clearance. Next I used an airsoft 416C rail and gas block. The pistols barrel is just a bit to short so I used a 1 inch barrel extension from infinite products. Once the extension was added I slid the faux gas block on and marked it. I then removed it and dremeled the notches for the cross pins. After the cross pin notches were cut I put the gas block back and pinned it and the airsoft gas block also has a set screw on the bottom. I did not like how short the set screw was so I got a longer one at the local hardware. After pinning and set screwing the faux gas block is pretty sturdy. The muzzle is finished off with a SF break which allows me the use of my SF "training suppressor" which kinda goes along with the whole .22 fake suppressor genre. Now I know there are those of you who shudder at the word airsoft and more so get nauseated when someone uses them on a real firearm. That said I have genuine real gear and this build was more about the fun in making it work and not breaking the bank. Please dont post negative or shady comments with your opinions about the use of airsoft parts. This is a clone .22LR and was used as an entertainment project. Myself I am pretty satisfied with the outcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 416c .22lr-406e4bbc-99e0-48ae-9006-3cf972c4dbfb_1596380308066.jpeg   416c .22lr-62786132-077f-403e-8b85-34443d927bdb_1596380320686.jpeg   416c .22lr-5b333964-3186-447a-bf0a-30020e49697e_1596380946007.jpeg   416c .22lr-4a88791b-37a6-4f0b-a866-3de53facfd26_1596380957718.jpeg   416c .22lr-82ac717e-bc2e-4ad5-a284-c1db647a1a17_1596380970480.jpeg  

Last edited by MSOGDAWG; 08-02-2020 at 03:09 PM.
    D9M9TR9S and Tailflash like this.
    UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS 0311/8152 - TX AIR GUARD SECURITY FORCES CATM
    Hidden Content

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Awesome job! I've seen quite a few people use air soft parts on these guns for SBR projects and they fit/work just fine. It looks great in my opinion and as long as it functions fine, I say job well done.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MSOGDAWG View Post
    So I got my SBR stamp back this morning and I assembled my project. It is a Walther 416 .22lr pistol. I added a VFC airsoft stock as that is what is the best fit and the rifle doesnt require a functioning buffer tube, spring and buffer. This took quite a bit of dremeling on the right side of the receiver and take down pins. Reason being is the right fork of the stock would bind against the take down pin and not collapse. I took some material off to allow the pin to sit more flush. I also had to hand file the inside of the stock's right fork to allow for smoother clearance. Next I used an airsoft 416C rail and gas block. The pistols barrel is just a bit to short so I used a 1 inch barrel extension from infinite products. Once the extension was added I slid the faux gas block on and marked it. I then removed it and dremeled the notches for the cross pins. After the cross pin notches were cut I put the gas block back and pinned it and the airsoft gas block also has a set screw on the bottom. I did not like how short the set screw was so I got a longer one at the local hardware. After pinning and set screwing the faux gas block is pretty sturdy. The muzzle is finished off with a SF break which allows me the use of my SF "training suppressor" which kinda goes along with the whole .22 fake suppressor genre. Now I know there are those of you who shudder at the word airsoft and more so get nauseated when someone uses them on a real firearm. That said I have genuine real gear and this build was more about the fun in making it work and not breaking the bank. Please dont post negative or shady comments with your opinions about the use of airsoft parts. This is a clone .22LR and was used as an entertainment project. Myself I am pretty satisfied with the outcome.
    Very nice rifle and setup!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Nicely done. Trying to determine if I want to SBR mine, or leave it as pistol w/brace but that prevents a VFG.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by topleft View Post
    Nicely done. Trying to determine if I want to SBR mine, or leave it as pistol w/brace but that prevents a VFG.
    Yeah I know good ol nonsensical "rules".
    topleft likes this.

HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

My SOT has one that he SBR'd for his daughter. Now if they would ever come in stock at a decent price. CDNN had 20+ the other day but at $440. It's not a must have for me so I'm waiting for a more budget minded price.
    MSOGDAWG likes this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MSOGDAWG View Post
    Yeah I know good ol nonsensical "rules".
    I don't mind the brace since it's a rimfire, but I want a VFG. Researching those "not-vertical-but-damn-close" options which should resolve my hurdle.

Sponsored Links