Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By txnintn
  • 1 Post By gulfstategaurd
  • 1 Post By Roller Slav

Thread: HK Parts Enhanced buffer in PTR 91 Install Question

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default HK Parts Enhanced buffer in PTR 91 Install Question

I just ordered an enhanced heavy buffer from HK Parts for my new PTR GIR. Do I need a different length bolt (the one that screws in from the back inside the stock)? Or will all of the original hardware work? Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You should not need anything. When I upgraded to a Spur stock I used the same buffer from HK parts.

Txnintn
    werra likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Good to know. I guess what confuses me is that the enhanced buffer is longer. Seems like the rear screw would not fit.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

If its a standard (modern) HK stock you should find there is a sliding sleeve inside the stock that allows for different length buffers.
    For pulling the butt cap use a vise that you have padded to keep from marring the butt cap. Clamp the cap in vise and pull middle section (body) of stock away from it. If you have not saapped the pad out for a HK21 style yet go ahead and do that. It is the best performance upgrade you can make for a 91 series rifle, even more than the buffer IMOO.
    werra likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thank you sir! I did order the HK21 butt plate as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gulfstategaurd View Post
    If its a standard (modern) HK stock you should find there is a sliding sleeve inside the stock that allows for different length buffers.
    For pulling the butt cap use a vise that you have padded to keep from marring the butt cap. Clamp the cap in vise and pull middle section (body) of stock away from it. If you have not saapped the pad out for a HK21 style yet go ahead and do that. It is the best performance upgrade you can make for a 91 series rifle, even more than the buffer IMOO.
    Quote Originally Posted by werra View Post
    Thank you sir! I did order the HK21 butt plate as well.
    I concur, the HK2X plate is the way to go.

Slav
    werra likes this.
    Ballistics Engineer

Disciple of Edward Stecke, Polish godfather of the MG42 and all things roller. Swiss Patent CH176978A, 1934. State Armament Factories, Warsaw.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've never really decided if the gushy rubber baby bumpers reduce felt recoil or if they simply give the gun more running room before it kicks you.

The funniest thing I've seen is people buying the extra thick MagPul pads to 'reduce the recoil of the massive 5.56.'
    I put them on my MOE fixed carbine stocks NOT because they are extra gushy but because it makes the fixed stock a better fit and here in CA we aren't allowed to have a removable mag with an adjustable stock.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

When I disassembled the stock on the PTR, I noticed that I am missing the star washers for the two front buffer screws and also the washers for the one large rear bolt. I am a bit confused about which hardware should go on the large rear bolt. In some diagrams, there is a lock plate and a star washer. In other diagrams the lock plate is replaced with a lock washer. Which hardware is correct? I want to order the correct parts. Thanks

Sponsored Links