First HK build question

Thread: First HK build question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default First HK build question

Hey guys just joined and I'm going to attempt my first mp5 build but have a few questions I purchased a flat from rtgparts now I wanted to do a reverse stretch before I continue I know all the legalities and what I'm going to have to do to be compliment here's my questions a reverse stretch is a full mp5 except for the front end the barrel trunion and bolt carrier correct???? So will I be able to use a mp5k barrel and trunion in the rtgparts flat? And would I use a mp5k bolt carrier or a regular mp5 bolt carrier or or is it impossible for any mp5 k parts to go into a regular mp5 flat any help and input would be much appreciated thanks

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

cocking tube and support will be k length. Support you will actually have to check, it may need to be custom. DISCLAIMER: I have not built a reverse stretch yet, so am just referring to what I have read and my 51k build experience.

Bolt carrier should be regular, a k will fit in there but with a full size reciever you have room to run a full MP5 Bolt carrier. You will have to see about what locking peice you may need to properly cycle it though.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)

Welcome to the site--- keep us update on the build, and pictures of the finished project!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Welcome!!!
    Sounds like it will be an awesome build.
    Good luck and progress pics please!!!
    M.
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty, When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for your help much Appreciated and I will definitely post progress pics RightNow I'm just trying to buy all the parts I need so there is no hold ups waiting for a part I'm pretty excited tho and just a quick clarification I'd use a K barrel and k trunion correct? Cause I see they sell a k trunion so I'm assuming there's a difference in it compared to a regular mp5 Trunion. Anyone know of any flat bending jigs for sale I'm on the waiting list for one but that's like 5 or 6 weeks out and I won't have any fingers left waiting that long

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The gun club is literally out my back yard I can walk through the woods 80 yards and be at the club so I can't wait to take it down for some fun the guys will love it I've built some others but nothing like this I've never welded so that's the only part I'm worried about I should be ok but if anyone has any more I fo or advice please don't hesitate I'd love as much as I could get tips or tricks I'm here to listen thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A * denotes 1 922 compliance component.
    Roller Slav's Parts List™

Flat*
    Weldment Kit
    Trunnion*
    Barrel*
    Muzzle Device*
    Front Sight Assembly
    Rear Sight Assembly
    Cocking Tube
    Cocking Tube Support
    Cocking Handle w/ Hardware
    Cocking Tube End Cap
    *Paddle Mag with Bushing Kit
    Mag Release Kit
    BCG Assembly**
    -Complete Bolt(*)
    -Carrier(*)
    -Firing Pin
    -Firing Pin Spring
    -Locking Piece
    Recoil Rod Assembly
    Complete Trigger Pack****
    Complete Trigger Housing (+ Safety Lever)
    Handguard*
    Stock* (Or Endcap*/Brace*)
    Magazine***

Slav
    Last edited by Roller Slav; 08-07-2020 at 12:58 AM.
    Ballistics Engineer

Disciple of Edward Stecke, Polish godfather of the MG42 and all things roller. Swiss Patent CH176978A, 1934. State Armament Factories, Warsaw.

Sponsored Links