Anybody have pics of a current Cohaire CA94?

Thread: Anybody have pics of a current Cohaire CA94?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Anybody have pics of a current Cohaire CA94?

I think I have decided this is the clone for me.

I know the current run of Cohaire's are much more refined than the original SW and eventual Bobcat builds. I was wondering if anyone has good pics of the current runs. All of the retailer photos I have found are small and lack detail. I am curious as to the quality of the fit and finish in the current generation.

If anyone has pics please post them for me.. and I also plan to put on a collapsible stock so pics with those attached even better.

Any idea why the new series has the notch in the fake suppressor vs. the old style?

Is that supposed to be like the M4 barrel notch for a vert grip or light attachment?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Berzerk; 09-15-2007 at 08:31 AM.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The notch is so a Surefire forearm light will clear the fake can...personally, I'm more of a fan of the $200 clearance option. ;)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is there a guide somewhere that would show me how to replace the ambi-lower with a SP89/HK94 style metal lower? I prefer the grip.

I'm not sure how hard it would be to do, or if it's even possible, but I would like to change it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default pics

I just received my new CA94 3 days ago. I believe it's the new production run. The wields look really clean and the gun feels solid. No range report yet, but as I'm sitting here typing this at my farm with 400 acres I'm wondering....why the hell aren't I outside shooting? Ha

Let me know what kind of pics you want and I'll be happy to post them. I'm not sure there's going to be much difference in the last production run but I'll be happy to provide them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Berzerk View Post
    Is there a guide somewhere that would show me how to replace the ambi-lower with a SP89/HK94 style metal lower? I prefer the grip.

I'm not sure how hard it would be to do, or if it's even possible, but I would like to change it.

Berzerk,

Nothing to it really other than a few bucks... You may or may not be able to use your current trigger pack.

If it were me..
    1. Find the style grip you want (they are always floating around on these boards.. You can find the metal version above, or the SEF plastic style, they both take the same trigger pack) You are looking for ones with one hole in the rear tang, extended off the back of the grip (not the Mp5k/sp89 style pictured above)

Sometimes you can find them complete with trigger pack as well. If it is already modified for semi use, you literally push out the rear pin on your ca94, pull off stock, drop off the picto style lower you have now, add the new style one you picked, put stock back on, insert pin, and have fun.

2. Sell off your ambi pack/housing for the same price you have into the repalcement pack (if you got a clone, or you recoup some money against the german ones if you bought a german lower....)

Easy as pushing a few pins...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanKnight View Post
    Berzerk,

Nothing to it really other than a few bucks... You may or may not be able to use your current trigger pack.

If it were me..
    1. Find the style grip you want (they are always floating around on these boards.. You can find the metal version above, or the SEF plastic style, they both take the same trigger pack) You are looking for ones with one hole in the rear tang, extended off the back of the grip (not the Mp5k/sp89 style pictured above)

Sometimes you can find them complete with trigger pack as well. If it is already modified for semi use, you literally push out the rear pin on your ca94, pull off stock, drop off the picto style lower you have now, add the new style one you picked, put stock back on, insert pin, and have fun.

2. Sell off your ambi pack/housing for the same price you have into the repalcement pack (if you got a clone, or you recoup some money against the german ones if you bought a german lower....)

Easy as pushing a few pins...

Hey thanks for all the great info.

I had one more question.

With the fake suppressor, is it rifled or is it a tube? I understand that the 3-lug barrel attached to the fake suppressor is normal MP5 length, and the fake suppressor makes it 16" legal. But what is the bullet passing through?

Just curious how it affects the ballistics.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nope, the can is just that, a can. Ballpark, it's about 1/2" ID and the bullet just sails on through. I haven't chronoed one with and without the fake can, but with that much overbore freebore accelleration shouldn't even come into play. The long and short is it has no effect on ballistics at all. --ST

Sponsored Links