CS response time?

Thread: CS response time?

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Default CS response time?

Just wondering if someone who's had contact with HK customer service could give me an idea of their usual response time. I sent a message a week ago about my VP9's trigger catching. Is it time to try again? I figured it would be easier to type out a description rather than flub through trying to explain it as a newbie owner over the phone. Also could include a link to a video I shot of the trigger.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)

You should call them up on the phone and if they want you to send in any videos or detailed descriptions, then you can email them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I called and got a return authorization immediately,
    Sent my VP9 back and 10 days later it was back

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Status???

Tony

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

It seems my email got lost in the inbox during SHOT show, called and now have an RMA number. Now I'm trying to figure out how to go about shipping it. The guy I talked to basically said there should be no restrictions and should be able to just drop it in the mail or with UPS/other carrier as they are a licensed manufacturer, but that doesn't seem to match what I'm seeing on the internet when I search. Someone who has done this before, do I really have to use super expensive air shipment, or can I just drop it in a flat rate box for ~$10? If it's really going to cost me close to $60 to ship this thing, I'm wondering if it might not be better to just find a local gunsmith to de-burr the trigger bar.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Unless you are an FFL, you can't ship a handgun via USPS. FedEx and UPS requires that you ship it by air.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

God I hate stupid gun laws.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I've heard of people having their FFL ship it for them, and am told its cost effective, and a very smooth transaction. I've never had to do this, but I have heard this from a very reliable friend that has done this with other manufacturers regarding warranty work for S&W as well as two others. I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLhk View Post
    I've heard of people having their FFL ship it for them, and am told its cost effective, and a very smooth transaction. I've never had to do this, but I have heard this from a very reliable friend that has done this with other manufacturers regarding warranty work for S&W as well as two others.
    ^This!! I have sent several guns out for work and shipped them through my LGS. It was $15-$25 for the one way trip. Your LGS price may vary. That way it is covered under their insurance if it is lost, stolen, etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone 6S+ using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links