shipping guns back to HK
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: shipping guns back to HK

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Default shipping guns back to HK

First, please move if this is the wrong forum. I am sending 2 pistols back to Hk, I called and got the number and told them they were coming. I was going to ship them from a local gun shop and he said just box them up and send through ups. He said if they ask to say they are machine parts. I am wondering how should I box them up before I get there that will make it easier to send without any hassle? Any other advice, tips, tricks etc. would be greatly appreciated.

In case you are wondering I am sending my p7 psp to have them look at. After I shot a 50 round match with it, well actually after about 15 rounds it got harder and harder to rack the slide. By the end of the match it was almost impossible and it took forever to get it apart. I also bought an hk45t off gun broker a while back that I thought was new, turns out it wasn't. I cannot for the life of me get the thread protector off so I am going to see if they can. Anywho, thanks!

jon

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your gun shop owner is giving you bad advice on shipping via UPS and lying what the contents are. That would make me wonder what other acts of deception that shop practices.

Ask HK customer service to send you a shipping label. Or ask HK how to legally send them the package. If the package gets lost or damaged and you have to divulge the contents for a claim and/or proof of what the package contained, UPS may refuse to pay the claim.

If HK won't sent you a shipping label, find another FFL and have the package shipped USPS for about $25-35 with insurance. An FFL can ship very inexpensively through USPS with the proper form attached.
    Last edited by az4783054; 02-10-2017 at 04:30 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by az4783054 View Post
    Your gun shop owner is giving you bad advice on shipping via UPS and lying what the contents are. That would make me wonder what other acts of deception that shop practices.

Ask HK customer service to send you a shipping label. Or ask HK how to legally send them the package. If the package gets lost or damaged and you have to divulge the contents for a claim and/or proof of what the package contained, UPS may refuse to pay the claim.

If HK won't sent you a shipping label, find another FFL and have the package shipped USPS for about $25-35 with insurance. An FFL can ship very inexpensively through USPS with the proper form attached.
    Thank! Hk gave me a number to write on the box. I guess I'll most go to an ffl. Seems safest and easiest. Not too concerned about price.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I've had UPS counter people tell me to call them machine parts.

FedEx will ship direct to HK, though not cheap. They won't ship from private party unless direct to manufacturer I was told. Cost me like $120 last time had to ship entire pistol to HK CS.....including insurance, and they require next day.

It would be nice if HK CS would send us FedEx labels and we could leverage their contract, as their cost is like $30....
    VP9 - times 4
    VP9SK
    P30 v3
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonFrost View Post

In case you are wondering I am sending my p7 psp to have them look at. After I shot a 50 round match with it, well actually after about 15 rounds it got harder and harder to rack the slide. By the end of the match it was almost impossible and it took forever to get it apart. ....
    Do you scrape the cylinder with the proper tool on a regular basis? I have to do that every 100 rounds or so or it will behave like yours.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ecsuser View Post
    Do you scrape the cylinder with the proper tool on a regular basis? I have to do that every 100 rounds or so or it will behave like yours.

The thing is I had just sent the gun to James and he went through it completely. The gun was acting up after less than 20 rounds. I can't believe that's normal. If it is, then the gun's just gonna sit in my safe. But I trust James and i know it was sent back to me spotless and in perfect order, so I can only assume that somehow I screwed it up, or something happened while shooting it, or I just don't know what I am doing:)

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Since you didn't say, "I already tried that" - I'll stand behind my diagnosis. Scrape it!

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ecsuser View Post
    Since you didn't say, "I already tried that" - I'll stand behind my diagnosis. Scrape it!

It's hard for me to believe that an HK pistol that was just cleaned and serviced by a master armorer would get so dirty in 20 rounds that it was almost impossible to rack the slide. By the time I got to 30 rounds it took all of my strength to chamber a round. Then was almost completely locked up after 50. I suppose anything is possible. I'll try it.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Scrape the hell out of it. You might have got a tiny bullet fragment stuck in the piston chamber. That can really jam things up.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave24 View Post
    Scrape the hell out of it. You might have got a tiny bullet fragment stuck in the piston chamber. That can really jam things up.
    Will do, thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links