HK USP trigger job - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: HK USP trigger job

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just wondering about the difference in "creep" for a stock USP and a stock P30LEM. There is nowhere around here where you can rent HK's to try to see for yourself. I have a P30LEM. I find that the creep is really negligible compared to other pistols that I have shot or owned. It is not 0 but I would have trouble thinking about it in terms of an 85% reduction only because it would require of me a higher degree of granularity to define it in those terms cause to think about an 85% reduction I have to think about only having 15% left.

Is it much different between the USP which is in the main discussed here in this thread and the P30?

I have CZ's that I can definitely think about in terms of an 85% reduction in creep. It is noticeable and just about the opposite of negligible in that case. So I think I have a good handle on what a pistol with a noticeable and even bothersome degree of creep feels like from my CZ experiences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How would someone from South Africa get a match trigger fitted or even just obtained ? We also have to consider the ITAR restrictions that limits us to $100 for importing of goods?

Out of all the HK's I own the USP it has the hardest DA

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Try posting this in the HK Customer Service section of this board. I would expect you would have to go through a local HK Dealer.

If price is a problem, order the kit a piece at a time.

-Sean

Typoed on my iPhone.
    USP 9F Tactical Clone
    S&W 4006
    Browning Hi-Power 9mm 75th Anniversary Edition
    VP9
    USPc 9mm
    Savage Axxis .308/Remington 700 ADL 7mm Magnum

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just send it to H&K and have them install the match trigger kit. You would not be disappointed.
    - CPshooter

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jnug View Post
    Just wondering about the difference in "creep" for a stock USP and a stock P30LEM. There is nowhere around here where you can rent HK's to try to see for yourself. I have a P30LEM. I find that the creep is really negligible compared to other pistols that I have shot or owned. It is not 0 but I would have trouble thinking about it in terms of an 85% reduction only because it would require of me a higher degree of granularity to define it in those terms cause to think about an 85% reduction I have to think about only having 15% left.

Is it much different between the USP which is in the main discussed here in this thread and the P30?

I have CZ's that I can definitely think about in terms of an 85% reduction in creep. It is noticeable and just about the opposite of negligible in that case. So I think I have a good handle on what a pistol with a noticeable and even bothersome degree of creep feels like from my CZ experiences.
    In terms of creep, your P30 is very comparable to the USP. The USP seems to have a shorter reset though.

Like you, I also own a CZ. It's a 9mm SP-01, all steel, w/manual safety, and let me TELL you about creep. . . That gun came brand new from the factory with absolutely the grittiest trigger I have EVER experienced on ANY firearm EVER. Toy cowboy guns from my childhood had FAR better triggers than my CZ. After a couple months of owning the gun, I finally disassembled it and lightly polished the hammer & sear mating surfaces. Made a HUGE difference for the better. . . but still had way more creep than any of my HKs. Eventually, I sent the gun out to be converted to Single Action Only and to get a super-slick race trigger job with ultra short take-up, pull, and reset. Now there isn't even the slightest hint of creep, and it fires as soon as you just think about taking the shot. Pretty amazing transformation. I don't ever carry it though. For me, it's just a souped-up, tricked out, hot rod range-toy
    HK is the way!

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My P30s is at Bruce Grey's for the competition package. Today is the 25th day, It should be ready soon. Yes, it is like waiting for a Christmas present.
    Gary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I sent my USP 40 to Bill Springfield for a take-up reduction, over travel reduction, and a slight reduction in pull. Total time from my FFL shipping to return was two weeks. Did a functional check and dry fire. I like what I see/feel so far. Going to the range this weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If it was me, I'd just put the match trigger parts into the gun and be done with it - or an even cheaper solution, disassemble the factory parts and troubleshoot for any grit in the trigger pull, polishing surfaces that rub against each other until the grit goes away. That's what I had to do for my USP9c, which came from the factory with a really gritty trigger pull, unlike my other USPs. So if the OP does send his gun off to one of the gunsmiths mentioned earlier in the thread, I would very much like to hear what he thinks of the results.

Quote Originally Posted by orfeo View Post

Like you, I also own a CZ. It's a 9mm SP-01, all steel, w/manual safety, and let me TELL you about creep. . . That gun came brand new from the factory with absolutely the grittiest trigger I have EVER experienced on ANY firearm EVER. Toy cowboy guns from my childhood had FAR better triggers than my CZ. After a couple months of owning the gun, I finally disassembled it and lightly polished the hammer & sear mating surfaces. Made a HUGE difference for the better. . . but still had way more creep than any of my HKs. Eventually, I sent the gun out to be converted to Single Action Only and to get a super-slick race trigger job with ultra short take-up, pull, and reset. Now there isn't even the slightest hint of creep, and it fires as soon as you just think about taking the shot. Pretty amazing transformation. I don't ever carry it though. For me, it's just a souped-up, tricked out, hot rod range-toy
    I actually kind of like the CZ's creepy trigger pull. Yes, technically there is "creep" in almost any CZ 75's single action pull, but to me, once the grit smooths out (or if you get one from the factory without any grit, or polish up the internals to remove it), the single action pull feels kind of like the Geissele SD-3G single stage trigger, if you're familiar with that. No, it's not crisp, but it gives you a very smooth bit of movement so the trigger break can catch you by surprise, which some people like, other people hate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The range results for my Bill Springfield trigger work on the USP40 were great. 5 shot groups basically all touching or almost at 7yd and in a 3" circle at 14yd. I'd say that my SA errors were 30-40% reduced. The reduction in pull force and length really tightened up my DA groups even more so. The short reset was really sweet when I did some semi-rapid fire 2 Ctr Mass, 1 Head drills.

I would not say that the trigger break was necessarily a surprise but it was very consistent and lighter. I felt that I was much better calibrated in terms of how much pull was left to the break. In terms of the pull after an SA reset, it was remarkably light. Not a hair trigger at all, but very sweet.
    Last edited by 78TArrow; 07-02-2017 at 09:23 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links