LEM V2 to V-Todd Green Special?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LEM V2 to V-Todd Green Special?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default LEM V2 to V-Todd Green Special?

Hi:
    I am picking up a P2000 V2 LEM and I am interested in lightening the LEM. I saw a post on a guy who did the V2 to the"Todd Green Special". Is there a sticky, post, thread, video detailing this? I tried the search but ended up with 20+ pages. Thanks in advance for responding.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you're picking up a brand new V2 LEM then it comes with a heavy Trigger Rebound Spring and a heavy Firing Pin Block Spring.

To run you gun like Tom runs his P30/HK45 then you need to get a Light FPBS. That Part number is 209296.
    If you want it even lighter (My preference) then also order the TRS which is part number 209266.

Just GIve HK-USA a call to order these. I think it's 5$ a spring plus shipping.

Here's the thread with instructions for swapping both springs.

https://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.ph...ger-Job-Part-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The ToddG version has the standard V3 hammer/mainspring installed with the lighter FPBS

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spr1 View Post
    The ToddG version has the standard V3 hammer/mainspring installed with the lighter FPBS

I believe the Hammer spring was changed around 9000 rounds because the LEM hammer spring was too strong (Maybe slightly out of spec) and would occasionally cause a FTF/FTE.

I don't know if his HK45 has the original LEM hammer spring or a Standard.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey,

I am the guy who posted that thread. The opening post has the exact part and numbers and even pictures that you need. To change the FBPS just follow the instruction in big bores sticky in the referances section of this forum. The hammr spring you change by simply taking off the back panel of the grip.

If you want VTGS, you do NOT change the trigger return spring. That would bring you down to V1

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BTW it was super duper easy to do!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I ordered the springs to do mine yesterday. I actually called on Tuesday, but the guy I spoke with did not seem to want to sell me the 209296 spring for some reason. He said to check with hkparts.net (who do not even carry it). I called back yesterday and had no problems getting them ordered. I see from these two calls though why reports are so varied as to how good HK's customer service is, I think it depends on who answers the phone.

Requiescat in Pace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetfull View Post
    I believe the Hammer spring was changed around 9000 rounds because the LEM hammer spring was too strong (Maybe slightly out of spec) and would occasionally cause a FTF/FTE.

I don't know if his HK45 has the original LEM hammer spring or a Standard.
    Correct. Based on my experience with that combo in the P30, I had my HK45 set up the same way: LEM trigger return spring, non-LEM firing pin block spring, non-LEM mainspring.
    --
    [B]Train hard & stay safe![/B]
    Todd Louis Green
    Hidden Content
    Because [b]I[/b] don't suck, and HK doesn't hate [b]me[/b].

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting
    Hello!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Correct. Based on my experience with that combo in the P30, I had my HK45 set up the same way: LEM trigger return spring, non-LEM firing pin block spring, non-LEM mainspring.
    Todd, I'm in the process of converting my HK45s to the hybrid or quasi-Competition Combat LEM. I will have the Match Hammer Spring; Match (Nickel-coated) Flat Spring; P2000 Trigger Return Spring, Lightest FPB Spring. What is your take on this setup?

Wouldn't the P2K Trigger Return Spring give you a more 'positive' trigger return?

Is the non-LEM Firing Pin Blk spring stronger than the DA/SA triggered pistol Firing Pin Blk spring?

I "know" that the LEM uses heavier mainsprings so using the DA/SA mainspring should make for a better trigger than the LEM one. Going with the Match (supposedly lighter; didn't ask for the spring constant or "weight") should make it better still.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Chui; 06-21-2010 at 09:51 PM.
    "Buy once, cry once; or not. Let's be honest for a second; most of you will be zombies one day and I'd much prefer you be zombies with crap weaponry."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links