HK P30 Ammo Questions
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30 Ammo Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK P30 Ammo Questions

Ok, so I did search and found some threads on this, but no new ones really.

Altho the manual doesn't "recommend" it, is it OK to shoot +P and +P+ ammo in my new P30 9mm? my USP's all were OK to do it. I can't see why the P30 would be an exception.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unless you're Donald Trump, you cannot afford to shoot enough +P or +P+ to hurt your P30.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My edc ammo in my P30 is Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P....no problems here

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

must be a way for HK to save their arse if SHTF?

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I shoot Federal HST 124gr +P and Ranger T, 127gr +P+ is gonna be my carry ammo in my P30.

Not worried about it, as it won't be then main round I shoot for practice, just carry and occasionally validating the load.

Cheers,

Rhino

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

In my experience, the P30 recoil spring is pretty strong and it likes more potent ammo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Its extremely humorous that so many people don't understand English enough to know what "not recommended" means. It doesn't mean "because it fits, you can". It doesn't mean "because I read on the Internet other people were doing it, I can". I didn't write the statement in the manual, but I see it in there, and was shocked to see it, but my interpretation of it is "don't". I understand and have read all the speculation and other arguments substantiated by data from "experts", but the manufacturer thought enough to state "not recommended", so I guess, for whatever their reasoning, by opinion of their employed "experts", it's "not recommended" for the P30. This is in difference to the HK45C states that model is approved for +P ammo. Do what you want, but the P30 manual states "not recommended", and I think I understand English to know what they meant.
    Last edited by Brahma; 04-24-2011 at 04:01 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brahma View Post
    Its extremely humorous that so many people don't understand English enough to know what "not recommended" means. It doesn't mean "because it fits, you can". It doesn't mean "because I read on the Internet other people were doing it, I can". I didn't write the statement in the manual, but I see it in there, and was shocked to see it, but my interpretation of it is "don't". I understand and have read all the speculation and other arguments substantiated by data from "experts", but the manufacturer thought enough to state "not recommended", so I guess, for whatever their reasoning, by opinion of their employed "experts", it's "not recommended" for the P30. This is in difference to the HK45C states that model is approved for +P ammo. Do what you want, but the P30 manual states "not recommended", and I think I understand English to know what they meant.
    I agree! +10!

That was put in the Operator's Manual for a reason. Its not reasonable to come
    to an internet forum to seek opinions that would contradict recommendations
    of the manufacturer. Heckler und Koch designed the P30, not the users of the
    product.

P30 is a continuation of the P2000 Series, not the USP Series[Rated for +P/+P+ ammo]

Recommendations of the manufacturer, should always be followed to get the
    best/safest/longest service of their own product, not recommendations of end
    users.
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brahma View Post
    +1 Right on Brahma! Somewhere, someone with more engineering know how than I, insisted that these words be included in the manual based on the design of the product.
    "Since when was any of this negotiable?"
    -Vincent

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Totally agree. Years ago I learned the wisdom of heeding the advice of the gun maker. In conversations with HK factory personnel I was told not to use 9mm +P+ but very moderate firing of +P is fine. The rep said that contrary to popular myth, the P30 was not designed to run on "high "ressure hot" 9mm ammo but standard pressure or NATO spec, which is not quite +P. Also the P30 was designed with the run well with the heavy 9mm rounds. I shoot and carry the 147gr 9mm so the above pressure stuff is of no interest to me. Bill

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links