HK 45C Tactical truth or myth - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: HK 45C Tactical truth or myth

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KBAR04 View Post
    I have one of these, I believe I acquired in late 2011 or 2012. Barrel number does not match the gun, Pistol is German made/assembled. I cannot remember which box it game in, although I believe I have it somewhere still.
    Well, if you have the time, please find it and upload pics of the gun and the case. Should be interesting!!

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I haven't seen such article or heard any rumors but i wouldn't be surprised, If they US Navy is going for Solid accuracy and reliability, i don't know what other options they have.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jframe View Post
    I haven't seen such article or heard any rumors but i wouldn't be surprised, If they US Navy is going for Solid accuracy and reliability, i don't know what other options they have.
    It's called the Mk24. But that's for their 45acp handgun, and hopefully the SEALs will keep the Mk24 forever, but no one never really knows.

SEALs just completely replaced all their Sig P226 9mm's with the Glock G19. SEALs had the 226 for nearly 30 years.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    It's called the Mk24. But that's for their 45acp handgun, and hopefully the SEALs will keep the Mk24 forever, but no one never really knows.

SEALs just completely replaced all their Sig P226 9mm's with the Glock G19. SEALs had the 226 for nearly 30 years.
    I have ben telling people for year the Sig makes one of the best handguns no doubt. knowing the SEALs have been using them for three decades confirms the reputation of Sig. I have never been a fan of Glock, got one of that but its for show.
    Jonnylifestyle likes this.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KBAR04 View Post
    I have one of these, I believe I acquired in late 2011 or 2012. Barrel number does not match the gun, Pistol is German made/assembled. I cannot remember which box it game in, although I believe I have it somewhere still.

I *think* the barrel and slide was German made, with a US injection molded frame (which is the serialized receiver).
    If so, I believe this marks the first time HK USA supplied something American made to the US Gov.
    That is historically significant.
    Which is why I am asking.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnylifestyle View Post
    ...I wonder why there is so much hype about Glock, they are nice but overrated to me. IMO
    The 226 was getting too expensive for the SEALS to own and maintain. The G19 was also special coated to operate in hostile environment of the SEALs, had the same reliability, was lighter and smaller, and had the same mag capacity as the 226.
    Jonnylifestyle likes this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The move to Glock 19 was based on it being a good all around gun for everything including concealed carry. This began to happen in ~2014. They also liked the ‘smooth sides’ compared to the Sig P-series with the decocking lever and other complexities.

As of 2017 or 2018, the NSWC modernization program will see these pistols replaced with the Sig M18.
    To include the .40 Cal Sig 239 and .40 Cal 229 that the COAST GUARD carries.
    The Sig M18 is slated to replace the Sig 239 / 226 / G19 and MK24 for NSW.
    I suspect that we will continue to see the P226 being carried into the future.
    I hated the 320 when it came out and I have sort of warmed up to it. I can shoot well with it. I just like metal guns.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The 226 was getting too expensive for the SEALS to own and maintain. The G19 was also special coated to operate in hostile environment of the SEALs, had the same reliability, was lighter and smaller, and had the same mag capacity as the 226.
    1) Incorrect. It was not too expensive for them to maintain.
    2) SIGs have a similar coating called Nitron/QPQ.
    3) I would argue the G19 is more reliable than the 226 because there are less failure points and it is a simpler gun. That said, these represent the pinnacle of 9mm platforms.
    4) I would argue that the magazine capacity is different in use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Teams had already been buying the USP Compact Tactical as a COTS solution to supplement (replace) the Mark 23 during the GWOT. I bought my "USP 45 CT" (thats whats marked on the slide) in 2006. A good friend of mine was working at HKUSA at the time and told me that they had been putting this configuration together for individual purchase by Teams using their "company credit cards".
    It seems a natural progression to the HK45CT going through official channels to become the Mark 24.
    P2000 40/357,USP.45ss,USPc.45,USP Tactical.45,P7M8,Mark 23,P2000SK 40/357,USC/UMP,USPCT.45,HK45, HK45C,HK4

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HK PDX View Post
    The Teams had already been buying the USP Compact Tactical as a COTS solution to supplement (replace) the Mark 23 during the GWOT. I bought my "USP 45 CT" (thats whats marked on the slide) in 2006. A good friend of mine was working at HKUSA at the time and told me that they had been putting this configuration together for individual purchase by Teams using their "company credit cards".
    It seems a natural progression to the HK45CT going through official channels to become the Mark 24.
    Post #8... good insider historical reference:
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg...72-usp-ct.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links