A chat with an HK Armorer - MUST READ - Page 14
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: A chat with an HK Armorer - MUST READ

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goodkat View Post
    This is a very comforting read since my USP Tactical 45 is my first HK and I love it. I'm impressed with it for quite a few reasons but it's also the first big caliber pistol I have that my wife cannot only rack but she actually shot it really well for her first time. She shot it better than the new P238 we picked up for her next week.

I didn't think I'd ever want to sell my CZ P-01 which is a fantastic gun and only purchased back in August but I'm finding myself considering it for the chopping block for another HK. I've really been wanting a P30L but I find myself really liking the USP line. Decisions decisions....
    Wish I had known that last week. There was one for sale locally for 750.00 lightly used V3 with safety... I just checked. It's gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by halcyonhal View Post
    Do folks see the same reliability in the USP 9? I'm trying hard to stick to 9mm as my main caliber. I'm really keen on the usp (and this thread has an awesome usp story)
    I have the USP 9 and the USP 45, and I have had the same reliability with both: zero problems! Just my 2 cents..

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DBLAction454 View Post
    Also STAY AWAY from Hornady Defense ammo. Its well documented on this forum that Hornadys OAL of their cartridges is not to spec with chambers (this is not an issue in blocks because they build their chambers slightly out of spec to make sure they'll feed ANYTHING...HK does not do this) Hornady knows of this and they do not wish to change it. If you use Hornady ammo you are asking for a stoppage and the kind the requires you to pull on the slide so hard to eject the round your hands will hurt. Beware.
    Source?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by green_bullet View Post
    Source?
    Search is your friend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hornady critical duty must be better off. I've shot a 3 hundredish 135gr +p through my usp9 with 0 problems. Plus several thousand of the 135gr training ammo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azimuth View Post
    Wish I had known that last week. There was one for sale locally for 750.00 lightly used V3 with safety... I just checked. It's gone.
    If I decide to get a P30 or P30L I might just try to go used, I usually go NIB. It seems like there are quite a bit of them on Armslist so when the time comes I might just go that route. First I want to get a trust going before Jul7 13th so I get grandfathered in.
    Me: USP Tactical 45, USP 9, P226 Extreme .40, 97B, & a G43
    Wife: LCR .38 Special Ltd. Talo edition, P238 Spartan

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

i'm not brand loyal, when it comes to a vehicle, i don't buy it for its looks or popularity, show me what's under the hood and how reliable is the motor . when i set out to find the most reliable weapon for CCW, i did not feel comfortable carrying my g19 . i have always loved the 1911 platform, so i researched and ask other experts for an honest opinion . i kept getting the same answer, H&K USP 45/USP 45c . bought 'em, carry 'em, bet my life on 'em . the USP 45 is one of the most reliable weapons ever made PERIOD .

yall know my coined saying,

Browning made history, Heckler & Koch made it better !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting that a caliber like the 9, apparently under-powered (as far as mechanical beat-up to the gun goes) should be the problem child. You'd think the larger calibers would pound them faster/harder/better/sooner.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pawneefork View Post
    Interesting that a caliber like the 9, apparently under-powered (as far as mechanical beat-up to the gun goes) should be the problem child. You'd think the larger calibers would pound them faster/harder/better/sooner.
    You misunderstood what they were getting at, it wasn't speaking to the durability of the pistols…. but rather how forgiving of limp wristing issues. The 9mm being least forgiving, .45 being the most…. .40 somewhere in between. Most pistols get sent in thinking their is a problem with them… only to have the armorer find nothing wrong, because the owner was not locking the wrist properly when shooting.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When I first time looked at mine USP 45 I knew it will survive a lot. That is why I got it! :) It is german tank!
    HK USP45-V1/VP9

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Sponsored Links