Fixing my trigger reset click ****UPDATE/PICS**** - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fixing my trigger reset click ****UPDATE/PICS****

2ac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Update, ok, just tried it, no way. The original just drops in while the USP is far too big.
    Last edited by 2ac; 11-27-2012 at 12:32 AM.
    HK45c Light LEM, HK P2000 Light LEM, KAHR CW9 "COVERT", RUGER MKIII 22/45, SAIGA AK-103, LMT/Centurion Arms DMR/SPR, RUGER 10/22 "TACTICAL", Savage 10 PC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azimuth View Post
    The thread title looks funny without my glasses...
    HOLY CRAP !!!!!!! I cant even see it without mine, uness I squint...then I see it !!

2ac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm thinking that smoothing out that rough area should take care of this issue.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

2ac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To follow up on this, I smoothed the rough spot on the trigger bar. It feels much better, no real obvious click anymore. It's not quite 100% yet but I'll see how it feels after I shoot it tomorrow.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ac View Post
    To follow up on this, I smoothed the rough spot on the trigger bar. It feels much better, no real obvious click anymore. It's not quite 100% yet but I'll see how it feels after I shoot it tomorrow.
    Can you clarify which spot you are referring to? Is it the spot that shows wear?

Thanks

2ac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm referring to the step/bur at the bend in the rear, second photo. You can see it in the third pic too. I believe the control latch drags on this section of the trigger bar.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm referring to the step/bur at the bend in the rear, second photo. You can see it in the third pic too. I believe the control latch drags on this section of the trigger bar.
    That would make sense..thanks.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I did a thorough inspection of the internal parts in my P2sk LEM and found after very close inspection similar roughness on the trigger bar ( it would actually move sideways while resetting due to the abnormality), I massaged it as needed, and then very gently smoothed the other fire control parts, hammer, hammer axle, sear axle and trigger axle then had Robar apply Np3+ to all of them it made a noticeable difference. My 45C will be getting the same love soon.
    Last edited by GOTURBACK; 04-12-2013 at 01:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Same problem with a 2003 USP 45C I bought NIB late last year. That edge appeared to be unfinished with a small step in it. A few strokes with a file and light polishing with a stone cured the problem. Appeared to be an unfinished part rather than an out of spec part (semantics I guess). I am addicted to HKs, but don't understand why such an obvious problem that happened every time the trigger reset on so many pistols made it thru QC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Had the same issue on a USP9 I just got (2007). A false click right before the actual reset, and then it felt like something was hanging up in there. Made slow precise shots difficult. Very annoying. I detail stripped it and noted it had the burr in the same spot. Filed it flush with some needle files, and the issue is 100% gone. I noticed that the catch has some wear marks that became sharp that were not there when I installed the grey guns kit, not sure if this was related or not. I'm happy it's fixed, thanks to everyone who gave advice.
    Last edited by HKrankenwagen; Today at 12:39 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links