Anyone here convert a USP 40 to .357 Sig? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anyone here convert a USP 40 to .357 Sig?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a Fire Dragon 400 Corbon barrel for my Sig 220. I have had not problems with it and the gun shoots great. I have been thinking of getting one of their threaded barrel for my USP 40 compact.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's doable, I just wouldn't trust it for defense if you're using it in a caliber it wasn't built for. I recon the .40 to .357 sig would work better than to the 9mm, though I've seen people do that as well. I still wouldn't trust it, you don't have HK quality and reliability when it didn't leave the shop how HK made it. But if you just want it for the range, it can be done and people have done it.
    dpadams6 likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd rather have a .357 Sig in a USP than a P2000. I really want it in a gun that I can carry Condition One, and the USP is super overbuilt.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fullsize or compact? I thought they made a Compact in .357 sig, though I haven't seen one in ages.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I want the full size. In part it's because of the recoil reduction but another reason is that Garrett makes holsters to fit the full sized but not the compact. I'm a big enough fan of the Silent Thunder holsters that if I can't get one for a given gun I have misgivings about using it for CCW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmSteve View Post
    Fullsize or compact? I thought they made a Compact in .357 sig, though I haven't seen one in ages.
    I have a USPc 357. Great gun.
    dpadams6 likes this.
    H&K USP 9 Stainless
    H&K P2000SK .40/.357 Combo
    H&K USPc 357
    H&K MR-556 Competition
    Several non HKs in the safe

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I already have a Glock 31 32 and 33 and HK p2000sk p2000 and usp compact all in .357 sig. I would like a usp tactical in .357 but the only way to do that is with a conversion barrel. I buy ammo in bulk when it is available so I get it for about .30 a round!
    Anyone here convert a USP 40 to .357 Sig?-imageuploadedbytapatalk-21369397407.203273.jpg

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

There's a USPC .357 Sig on gunbroker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You cant go wrong with a uspc .357...there was one for sale here not long agom..like this week for $725 shipped. ..I dunno how the condition was but I baught mine with only 1 10 rd mag ran thru it...AA date code. Still had factory grease....for the same price...with night sights installed....the tubes are pretty dim though..

Sent From My Galaxy S4
    "ya know the favorite saying around here "play stupid games win stupid prizes"? once someone does something, they have a whole lot of personal responsibility they need to eat. sometimes its lead flavored with a thin copper shell."

Requiescat in Pace

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by goldenlight View Post
    I remember reading that Air Marshals were, at least at one time, carrying the Sig P-229 chambered for the 357 Sig.
    They still are. The P229 in that caliber was chosen because, the men who rejuvenated the Air Marshal program after 9/11 had strong Secret Service roots.

Its an interesting cartridge, with excellent ballistics; but as others have stated here, its drawbacks (expense, scarcity, excessive noise and muzzle flash, etc.) outweigh its novelty/benefits.

I have a buddy who likes it and loads for it. He says it isn't difficult to reload for.

Its just another niche cartridge, like the 10mm. It will hang around because enough people want it, but most of us are better served with more plebian/standard offerings.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links