VP9 front of frame to slide fit. - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: VP9 front of frame to slide fit.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lets remember, the VP is bringing in additional customers due to price point and it being striker fired. That said, many who never had a HK think that the quality is first rate due to their premium and the opinion of people, some who frequent this sight. When they see things like this they think there may be potential issue.

It's quite normal for Browning lockup pistols to display this kinda of fit in front between the slide and frame and doesn't effect functioning or accuracy as the lock up is with the barrel to locking block, slide front and slide ejection port.
    Joe -

Climb to Glory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OP- sorry to hear about your troubles. While I never make it a habit to look down that end of my guns, since I saw your post I took a gander at my recently acquired VP9 after cleaning it. My slide to frame is pretty dead on center. But as others have said here, if it doesn't effect functionality I wouldn't worry about it. Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Op, I just bought mine yesterday. Today I shot it for qual at my Dept Range. I put 175 rounds through it. Not much, but I was working and only had so much time. The gun ate 100 rounds of Speer Lawman 124gr and 75 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 124+p rounds. The gun was and still is AMAZING. I shot a 100% on my back up/ off duty qual. This is the first day I have ever shot the VP9. I came home, stripped it, cleaned it, lubed it and reassembled. It looks exactly like yours. I truly don't think it is an issue. I certainly couldn't care less. I have been carrying an HK45 since they came out. This gun and it's shootability will likely change that. It is THAT good.

Don't sweat the gap. Shoot the $h!t out is it. :-)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My OCD9SK concerm. The gap btween the slide and frame is wider on the right isde. My rear sight, the right side is higher than left. Yes I measured using digital caliper. I wonder if the locking block giude is not the same on both sides. Now that you checked yours 😬 do you have the same discrepancy? I am going to measure the locking block giude today.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Does the gun shoot to the left? If it shoots straight, no worries.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scratch67 View Post
    My OCD9SK concerm. The gap btween the slide and frame is wider on the right isde. My rear sight, the right side is higher than left. Yes I measured using digital caliper. I wonder if the locking block giude is not the same on both sides. Now that you checked yours do you have the same discrepancy? I am going to measure the locking block giude today.
    Find one of your neighbors that have a paved driveway and give a firm toss , it'll fix it right up !
    Certified NRA RSO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It actuall does shoot a little left. When I get motivated I will disassemble and do some digital caler measurements on the locking block.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm sorry, but that would drive my OCD side crazy to have that gap the way it is even if it didn't affect functionality.
    P7M8 (X2), P7M8SD, P7M13 factory nickel, P9S Combat .45, USP45 Tactical, USPC SS .40SW, SP5K (X2)

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

If the inside of the frame is showing wear (metal on polymer) then it's an issue. Only HK can determine if the inset slide rails are offset. That said, the true alignment is that here the slide and rails meet and the chamber locks up. You may want to want to mess with just moving the muzzle end of the slide from side to side to see if there is 'play' which is likely. I doubt that it's the case but check your RSA and make sure it's aligned as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Realize OP is several years old, but my VP9 doesn't seem to have the original issue. I do have the slide being slightly uneven from the back (right side slightly higher). I think that one is widely accepted as normal now though, and both VP9s I've had contact with have it.

I don't think there's anything wrong with almost meticulously inspecting your guns. In my post history I had a concern about a relatively small brown/bronze spot that I thought might be rust, which was weird because it was a three week old gun at the time I think? Later noticed the bronze on the slide stop and takedown lever too. There were people agreeing it was an issue and to contact HK, but I had some be like nah stop being a bitch it's fine. A week later when I decided I couldn't live with it, I called HK. They immediately knew who I was, said they'd seen my thread and were waiting on my call. Told me there was a problem with the hostile environment finish bonding with the metal or something, and sent me this brand new one direct from them.

Tl;dr lesson for me was contact HK if you think there's a problem, if there is they'll make it right. If HK's image and quality wasn't enough, that experience alone solidified future purchases. Deciding between DA/SA or LEM P30 first, then USP after is the current plan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VP9 front of frame to slide fit.-20180203_174510_1517698866269.jpg  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links