Free sight installation for members - Page 18
Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: Free sight installation for members

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

TooSixy was generous enough to install night sights on my VP9 and P30 in the past. He did an awesome PRO job!!! Shipped it back ASAP as well. Great guy!!!
    TooSixy likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

This is a great service and very generous of TooSixty to donate his time and skills - I am certain he has the skills and tools to do the job right - Very "forum spirited" - lots of good karma coming your way Pete -

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    Free service resumed 11/28/2017. I can't edit the original post right now but I would recommend buying the sights from Mike (@Cross Creek Guns -- a supporting vendor here). I no longer accept sights sold by or drop shipped from Flagman (GMP Parts) so please be sure to check with me if you plan to buy from GMP Parts.

Cross Creek Guns
    Wow that's nice of you. Would love to drop some new sites on my p30sk..I'll have to check out Cross Creek. Just can't decide to stay with the Mep NS or jump on the trijicon wagon.. I'll be contemplating till the radiation wears off anyway but still a very nice and generous offer.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Pinoy
    VP9
    P30SK
    P30L .40

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi TooSixy,

Definitely wanted to take advantage of your generous offer. I have a VP9 that i'd like to have some Trijicon HD's installed on. I went to my local gun store, and they wanted $170 for the sights, with free installation. I'm all for paying a fair price, but I think ~$170 is above MSRP even.

I'm unable to send PM's until I have more posts, so ill be PM'ing you shortly after I find something else to comment on!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hey, 260. Is this like Fight Club, where you can't talk about it, or can you warn me of potential pitfalls? Your offer is generous, but I like to do things for myself. My plan is to bang 'em in with a brass drift. As for getting them on centerline, I envision putting the slide up against an angle plate, then using whatever measuring tools are needed to put the sights on centerline.

This seems slow and clumsy, but perfectly doable. It there a better way to go about it? How close should my sights be? Should I be happy with 0.002", or should I work harder toward getting them spot on?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by temujen View Post
    Hi TooSixy,

Definitely wanted to take advantage of your generous offer. I have a VP9 that i'd like to have some Trijicon HD's installed on. I went to my local gun store, and they wanted $170 for the sights, with free installation. I'm all for paying a fair price, but I think ~$170 is above MSRP even.

I'm unable to send PM's until I have more posts, so ill be PM'ing you shortly after I find something else to comment on!
    PM replied.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uhlster View Post
    Wow, this is awesome TooSixy.
    I recently acquired an early P30S, who's OEM luminescent sights have no charge anymore. I was hesitant about night sights since I spent an arm n leg on install, in the past.
    I'll do some research and be in contact with you. Thanks for the noble work for the community,
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    TooSixy was generous enough to install night sights on my VP9 and P30 in the past. He did an awesome PRO job!!! Shipped it back ASAP as well. Great guy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    This is a great service and very generous of TooSixty to donate his time and skills - I am certain he has the skills and tools to do the job right - Very "forum spirited" - lots of good karma coming your way Pete -
    Thanks for the kind words, gents! I greatly appreciate it.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
    Hey, 260. Is this like Fight Club, where you can't talk about it, or can you warn me of potential pitfalls? Your offer is generous, but I like to do things for myself. My plan is to bang 'em in with a brass drift. As for getting them on centerline, I envision putting the slide up against an angle plate, then using whatever measuring tools are needed to put the sights on centerline.

This seems slow and clumsy, but perfectly doable. It there a better way to go about it? How close should my sights be? Should I be happy with 0.002", or should I work harder toward getting them spot on?
    A digital micrometer would help greatly. You can also measure and mark the center of the slide with a black marker, then when you drift the sights in, center them on the mark. That will make your job easier. They don't have to be perfectly centered. LOL

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    A digital micrometer would help greatly. You can also measure and mark the center of the slide with a black marker, then when you drift the sights in, center them on the mark. That will make your job easier. They don't have to be perfectly centered. LOL
    Not perfectly centered? Man, I know I'm a sloppy marksman, but I was thinking it would be critical. I'll TRY to get 'em dead nuts, but not waste too much time if I can't. After all, it's just play to me and I can spend all the time I want. Thanks.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

@TooSixy--- you are a good guy for doing this!!!

Tony

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links