HKPRO Forums banner

VP9 Colored Frames from Omaha Outdoors?

41K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Silentheart 
#1 ·
Have you or do you know of anyone who purchased from this company? Curious on the quality of the cerakote.

#11 ·
Cerakote on my P30L has not held up well. Took it through Jame's pistol operator and UMP course and the coating on the sharp edges - mostly the rails - has come off. Surprisingly, on flat surfaces that came in contact with the holster, there is not much wear and the Cerakote held up well. Problem is the light gray (battleship gray) color I used has gotten oil stained and looks crappy. Overall, I would not Cerakote a polymer frame again and I certainly wouldn't buy one already done. On metal Cerakote has held up much better for me.

#7 ·
Here is a pic of mine from Omaha Outdoors.

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Airsoft gun

#16 ·
Just my guess. I do not have any of my firearm cerakoted before.
1) there are 2 methods to cure cerakote, one by heat and one by air. I have read and thought cerakote on polymer frame uses air cure because the heat cure might melt/damage the polymer frame. Also, air cure is not as durable/hard as heat cure.
2) many place does a good job on cerakoting a firearm. But sometime the coating get too thick or get to place it should not be, it will slow down the slide, affect the spring or change trigger reset.
3) it might void the warrenty.
Unless it is done by Hk or original factory, I would stay away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.