New VP9 Question - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New VP9 Question

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rpedro View Post
    Someone needs to make a video of a new heavy greased packed HK handgun, and how to clean, and get ready for first outing... ;)
    I will post an image of my VP40 that has been RMA'd via Customer Service as it comes back from the Armorers hands at HK.

I spoke with Lyman Messer, the Armorer at HK and he indicated that they lube with F10 (Shooter's Choice FP-10 Gun Lubricant Elite contains the additive MT-10 metal treatment that decreases friction between moving parts, from their advertisement)

I did not take an image of the pistol as it arrived, new in the box.

I will post the image as it is returned from HK Armorer, Customer Serviced RMA.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rpedro View Post
    Someone needs to make a video of a new heavy greased packed HK handgun, and how to clean, and get ready for first outing... ;)
    I don't know about a video but it's written in a book. Called the Operators Manual...

Every new firearm should be clean and lubed before firing (In my opinion). This serves three purposes. First, removes any and all packing/shipping grease or oil. Many times this is a protective coating rather than a lubricant. Think about it....the weapons may sit on a shelf, in a back room or warehouse for months. No telling on the climate control....
    Many complaints about new weapons malfunctioning are due to not being cleaned prior to use. Second, it remove any remnants of the manufacturing process. Metal chips, slag or flashing from the frame. Lastly, it gives the owner a chance to inspect and get intimately familiar with their new firearm. As a bonus, you have the benefit of know your new firearm is lubed with your lubricant of choice.

I just bought a VP9, my 6th HK pistol.

Sent from my iPhone 6S+ using Tapatalk

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Mine didn't have that grease when new. It was oiled. The rails were dry, so I hit them with TW25b and took it to the range. Worked great. I think I would clean the goopy grease out before firing it. If nothing else, it seems like it would be an awful mess to clean after the range.

Just be aware that if this is your first HK, you will likely hunger for more........like Zombies crave brains. We are all poly-gun-ists now!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links