P30sk vs p2000sk
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: P30sk vs p2000sk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P30sk vs p2000sk

Is there any pluses to buying a P30SK over P2000sk? Actually the p30sk looks to be less expensive is there a reason behind this? I have a P2000 and and really like it and looking to get one of the 2 above.

YVK
    Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

More sight options, more modular grip, more aggressive texturing and ever so slightly higher strong hand position on the gun are objective differences in favor on 30sk. Everything else falls into "personal preferences".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^ What he said.

They are virtually identical as far as dimensions go, but they do feel different. The P30 feels larger to me but the numbers don't lie. You have to handle them both to see which feels better to you. They both have different sized back straps available, with adjustable side panels on the P30SK as well. They are both amazing pistols and you can't go wrong with either. I've been waiting for HK to come out with a P30SK in .40S&W, but it's so nice I've decided to go ahead and just get it in 9mm so I won't have to wait.

Again, I don't think you would be disappointed with either.
    Yea, though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death, I shall fear no evil for I shall concentrate on my trigger squeeze and the front post.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think both guns are very good and I'd bet I'd be happy with either but I like my P2000 a lot and yet what YVK says is true there are some solid reasons for the P30sk. I wish there was a LGS that had both, so I could hold them back to back but none have both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I own and occasionally carry a HK P2000SK and finally had a chance to handle a P30SK. The P30SK is a really nice pistol but did not motivate me to buy it. If I only had a P2000SK to carry, and no others to chose from, I probably would be tempted to sell the P2000SK for a P30SK. But for the occasional carry gun, the P2000SK is just fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you dig around online you can find the P30SK and P2000SK for around the same price. A few months ago I was finding V3 9mm LE versions of each gun within $20 of each other, so cost should be equal on whichever model you choose. I have the regular size P2000 and the P30SK. While I can't compare directly between both SK models because I don't own them, I can say that I think the P2000 series is one of the most under rated HKs produced today. I don't blame you if you want to get the P2000SK even with the newer P30SK being available. I'd say it really should boil down to grip options, if the P2000 already fits your hand well and you don't need the adjustable panels to fill out the grip, the P2000SK is going to be a stubbier version of that. If you have larger hands or if you tend to prefer more grip surface, the P30SK is much more customizable and doesn't cost you more, so it's a good platform to jump to if you want the extra features.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I have a P2000 and P2000 sk. I have played with the P30sk at gun shows many times now. TO me, the grip of the P2000sk feels better in my hand than the P30sk does. Just my 2 cents...

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Seems like we are getting one of these post every week or so.

I have both, I EDC a P2Ksk, but have carried the P30sk a couple of times. Both shoot great and both conceal well. I AIWB here in NOLA because it is rarely cold enough for me to wear a jacket as my cover clothing. Plus it makes me feel alive knowing my pecker might get shot off if I am not on point with my draw.

Personally and know this is pure vanity on my part. I think the P2Ksk is sexy. I think the P2k is sexy too, so dont get it twisted up.
    Side by side, for me, I grab the P2Ksk because I like the way it looks. They both do the same thing and I shoot them about the same. The P2Ksk just looks classier and since Im a trashy kind of dude, the P2Ksk and my LACO watch make me feel classy.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm blessed to own both. The p30sk definitely feels better to me. Some like the feel of the p2000sk better though. So, as stated earlier it comes down to personal preference. Wish I could help more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Go rent them both, shoot and decide, I'm sure there will be a clear choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links