Larry Vickers states VP9 one of his favorite rigs on Facebook page - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Larry Vickers states VP9 one of his favorite rigs on Facebook page

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iLift45s View Post
    I posted 3 of my Hk's I've had done by them since I've been a member on here. When I get my other 2 back from Rick I'll put pictures up. They will be two tone and from pictures I've seen of other two tone work he's done there beautiful.

I'm not trolling this forum at all. There's a lot of us on here that likes Grayguns and Rick Holm worked Hk's and for some reason it bothers you. I like reading and talking about Hk's that Rick works on. They're outstanding! You don't know me, but I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you.
    Nor am I going to get in a pissing match with you. Send your guns wherever you like , that's totally up to you how much time and money you want to give up .
    My point with you is about the only thing you talk about on this forum is to bitch about a certain cartridge , or to shill somebodies services. This forum has gotten a lot of new members with the VP9 AND 40 ! I get sick of you jumping on every thread to these new guys telling 'em where to send their new guns they just spent good hard earned for. The VP9 is just fine for 90% of the people that buy 'em .

I'm not making this up , go read all your posts on this forum , you sound like a broken record . I look forward to seeing your pictures

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Crashmc; 03-09-2016 at 02:13 AM.
    Certified NRA RSO

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crashmc View Post
    Nor am I going to get in a pissing match with you. Send your guns wherever you like , that's totally up to you how much time and money you want to give up .
    My point with you is about the only thing you talk about on this forum is to bitch about a certain cartridge , or to shill somebodies services. This forum has gotten a lot of new members with the VP9 AND 40 ! I get sick of you jumping on every thread to these new guys telling 'em where to send their new guns they just spent good hard earned for. The VP9 is just fine for 90% of the people that buy 'em .

I'm not making this up , go read all your posts on this forum , you sound like a broken record .

Bitch about the .40?!?!? Hahahaha. Give me a break man. I could care less about the round. I own a number of 10mm's. I'd love to see Hk make one in 10. You enjoy your .40 along with everybody else who owns one. That's your prerogative. I just don't like the round.

As far as guys asking where to send their stuff why wouldn't I say where I would send them if I've had great success with them? I understand the VP9 is great out of the box. Rick just does some things that make it better. I choose to go that route and don't regret it at all.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Bitch about the .40?!?!? Hahahaha. Give me a break man. I could care less about the round. I own a number of 10mm's. I'd love to see Hk make one in 10. You enjoy your .40 along with everybody else who owns one. That's your prerogative. I just don't like the round.

As far as guys asking where to send their stuff why wouldn't I say where I would send them if I've had great success with them? I understand the VP9 is great out of the box. Rick just does some things that make it better. I choose to go that route and don't regret it at all.
    Thank you ! You just confirmed what I'm saying .

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thanks guys popping my popcorn now....
    HK45c x3
    VP9

YVK
    Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leicar7 View Post
    On other, older threads, commenters have pointed out that Vickers will match his gear to his audience. If the group is about handguns, and most attendees are Glockies, he'll be carrying a Glock.
    Myth. He doesn't call around before the class to coordinate guns, or color of clothes etc. He teaches with 1911s or striker pistols and likes to point out that DA/SA is meh. I took two classes with him at some point, there was no similarity to what he shot vs what his students shot. He does say that if he knew, he would but he has no mechanism to assure that.

Now, back to previous program..
    “When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"
    "What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"
    "I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.
    Pooh nodded thoughtfully. "It's the same thing," he said.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm interested in the VP9 and LWGuns seems to be a decent place to use but for a gun that costs around $600 spending another $250 to smooth out what turns out to be a v-good trigger is a little excessive but it is what it is. I don't think the VP9's trigger needs anything. As a comparison a Glock trigger work runs around $30 to $100. A striker fired gun is a striker fired gun, just my 2cents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimjc View Post
    I'm interested in the VP9 and LWGuns seems to be a decent place to use but for a gun that costs around $600 spending another $250 to smooth out what turns out to be a v-good trigger is a little excessive but it is what it is. I don't think the VP9's trigger needs anything. As a comparison a Glock trigger work runs around $30 to $100. A striker fired gun is a striker fired gun, just my 2cents

It's called a $1000 PPQ

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I shot Larry's VP9 in a class and was able to compare it to an unmodified VP9 that another student brought to the class. The difference was noticeable to me. The VP9 is great out of the box. Whether someone sees value in the modifications done by GGI (at the time) or Rick Holm (now) is up to the individual. For me, GGI was a customer-service nightmare, but the work was very good. I've not had any business dealings with Mr Holm outside of GGI.

In another sport I participate in, we sometimes use the phrase 'using equipment to solve a skill problem'. I will only speak for myself and say that my greatest gains in skill, accuracy or speed have all come from practice, not from new or modified gear. Will there be improvements from a nice trigger job? maybe. Am I so skilled that a trigger job is the only way to see gains? definitely not. The biggest benefit to my shooting is getting my old, rotund posterior out to the range and send some rounds downrange. I won't pretend to speak for anyone else's skills.

with that said, My VP9 has also been modified the same as Larry's. Why? because I can and I wanted to do so. If someone else doesn't see the value in the modifications or thinks I have wasted $$ that could have been spent elsewhere - cool. If we all had the exact same opinions on everything, where would the internet be today?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    It has to be HKies ... LOL
    Im going with Koch heads...

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Trying my hand at small targets at distance with Super Dave made me REALLY pay attention as I was trying to compete with him (go ahead and laugh; I did - and still do) the once awesome trigger has a distinct nonlinearity to it that needs addressing FOR THE TYPE OF SHOOTING WE WERE DOING. For intermediate range and close range stuff I'm moving thru the trigger and it's just fine.

$250 is steep but I will send one in (just for the clean up pkg as the trigger weight is fine as is).

-------------------------------------
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."
    "Buy once, cry once; or not. Let's be honest for a second; most of you will be zombies one day and I'd much prefer you be zombies with crap weaponry."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links