New to the HK world P7 question - Page 2

View Poll Results: P7(heal release), P7 m8 or P7 m13?

Voters
66. This poll is closed
  • P7 with heal release

16 24.24%
  • P7 m8

36 54.55%
  • P7 m13

17 25.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the HK world P7 question

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For concealed carry I prefer the P7 over the P7M8. Just a little sleeker.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a PSP because I haven't found an M-8, P-7 are not for range or competition, it gets HOT in a hurry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
    I have a PSP because I haven't found an M-8, P-7 are not for range or competition, it gets HOT in a hurry.
    So they all get pretty hot pretty quick eh? Sounds like the heat shield isn't a HUGE game changer then?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave24 View Post
    For concealed carry I prefer the P7 over the P7M8. Just a little sleeker.
    I didn't realize that the psp is sleeker than the m8. Intriguing.

How much sleeker may I ask?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't have them in front of me, but at least the width of the ambidextrous magazine release.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

i carry a p7m8 as my edc and i dont plan on shooting hundreds of rounds through it at a time for the purpose of defensive carry it is perfect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the info bigdave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

is the more rare P7 KH with PSP on the right side a more collectable item than a regular P7 and what will be the price difference?if at all.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love both my p7 and p7m8. I've never done a detailed comparison of them, but have noted the p7 heats up quicker than the p7m8 and the p7m8 has the mag release on the frame/trigger guard vs the butt release on the p7. p7 PSP models are extremely rare; my understanding is that they are essentially pre-production guns, m/b not. Who knows what a collector will find desirable and what they might be willing to pay.

I'd consider a p7m13, if I could find one at a reasonable price. Today's prices are higher than I consider reasonable.

IMO, the p7m8 is an ideal carry gun. It is a bit heavy, but the cocking/decocking feature of the squeeze grip overrides the weight issue for me. A ND is a very remote possibility since squeezing the grip and pulling the trigger are deliberate actions, not an "accidents".

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Personally, I think the overheating issue is completely overblown. My last range trip, I had all 16 of my M13 mags loaded up and shot steel. Drawing, reloading, moving -- I didn't just dump the mags but I don't find mag dumping very useful from a training perspective, which is why I shoot. Anyway, I was there for a half hour during which I shot 200 rounds. It was close to 50 degrees so cool but by no means cold. No gloves. The pistol was never warm enough to notice. I shot it exactly the way I shoot all my other HKs at the range without issue. This is one specific example out of dozens of range trips with P7s since I started shooting them a little over a year ago and I've never had a problem with heat. My range trips are quick and frequent as I seldom have a lot of time but my range is out back. If you're the type of shooter who goes to the range once a month for three hours you're going to want to bring more guns to shoot maybe.

Now that's out of the way, I suggest you pick up a P7M8 to carry and a P7M13 to train with. I found the grip of the M8 to be a little too slim without Nill-Griffe grips for me but perfect with them, and the grip of the M13 with the stock grips is very close to the M8 with wood. In the hand, to me, they feel essentially the same and operation is the same but with 5 additional rounds for drills.

If you can buy just one you're a better man than me.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links