My new USP Tactical 45, my first HK
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My new USP Tactical 45, my first HK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default My new USP Tactical 45, my first HK

Well my first Hk came in yesterday and I went straight to the range with it, I'm in love with this gun. I lusted after the P30L for the past year but at the last minute had a change of heart and I don't regret it, this thing is awsome!

At first I thought USP were ugly but the more I researched them and looked at them, they grew on me pretty fast. It has a bold and simple look that I really like. If the P30 is the Batman gun of the Christian Bale era, then I'd say this is the Batman gun of the Michael Keaton era.

I shot this back to back with the 97B and I'd say the Hk is slightly softer shooting. But damn is this thing accurate! I'd say my accuracy with the Hk is slightly better than 97B. If there is any inaccuracy it's totally my fault. I bench tested it at about 8 yards and out of 5 rounds four of them were in a hole about the size of a fifty cent piece, maybe less, with the fifth round being very close. I think I'm still going to paint the front sight or just replace it with a Mempro front night sight. The sights were dead on from the factory and I don't believe the o-ring is a gimmick either. The barrel has to be pressed in or out for a basic field strip so with that kind of snug interference fit I don't see how it doesn't aid in accuracy.

I only had one failure to feed the first magazine but that was definitely my fault and I just had to lightly press the slide into battery. The thing that really amazes me with this gun is the SA trigger. My God is that thing short with a nice break. I adjusted the overtravel stop and it's simply superb. I think the trigger travel in SA is only about 1/16 of an inch and it puts the biggest grin on my face. DA is stout but still smooth and IMO just a little shorter than Sig's DA. The reset is longer than the Sig SRT but still short. I need to get some snap caps and start practicing because the SA actually surprises me since I'm used to my other guns that just don't match it. The P226 is the closest in relation.

Today I should be receiving the GGG adapter and I'll use my TLR-3 for now but I want to try the Surefire XC1 when I get the cash. I think I'm still going to do the CCF flash hider but this thing is BEGGING for a Ti-Rant or Osprey. This is my last gun for a while but I'm absolutely ok with that. Next, I need to focus on a reloader and setting up a trust to get said suppressor. After that I need a solid revolver, something in the S&W 627 line but that'll be a while.

I shot all of my guns yesterday and I love them all! I've learned a lot these past few years and I'm really figuring out what I like along with an improvement in my fundamentals. I like them all for there own little reasons and I'm proud of my little, but growing collection. Next we just have to add the wife's P238 Spartan when they finally become available.

My new USP Tactical 45, my first HK-20160310_111142.jpg
    My new USP Tactical 45, my first HK-20160310_111518-2-.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My new USP Tactical 45, my first HK-20160310_111620.jpg  
    Last edited by Goodkat; 03-10-2016 at 06:54 PM.
    Me: USP Tactical 45, USP 9, P226 Extreme .40, 97B, & a G43
    Wife: LCR .38 Special Ltd. Talo edition, P238 Spartan

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Congrats on a great pistol!! Welcome to the wonderful world of HK!!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Great choice on a first HK. I'd still argue the USP is their best polymer platform to date. Can't say I can get my head around ever thinking they're ugly, though, but at least you've acknowledged your mistake.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

You made a fantastic choice for your first HK - it definitely won't be your last! ;)

Congrats and welcome to the addiction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lifesizepotato View Post
    Great choice on a first HK. I'd still argue the USP is their best polymer platform to date. Can't say I can get my head around ever thinking they're ugly, though, but at least you've acknowledged your mistake.
    Thank you sir and I agree, my first step in moving forward was admitting I was wrong. My second step was buying a Tactical which I am now very proud to own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Congrats. Totally awesome piece of hardware . What was the build date ?
    " A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined,
    but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition
    to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them,
    which would include their own government " - George Washington

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Congratulations on your first, HK sidearm--- wise choice!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks guys, I couldn't be happier about my decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lourx View Post
    Congrats. Totally awesome piece of hardware . What was the build date ?
    Its a BE so provided I'm following it right it's a 2014?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Great choice! But I must say I did chuckle when you said this is your last gun for awhile lol. The USP45T is an awesome pistol but HK has many others that are the same so it will be hard not to want and hard not to get another HK! I give you less than 6 months, tops! Enjoy the HK goodness
    HK45 Tactical || USP45 Tactical
    USP9 Expert || USP9 FS
    P30 V1 LEM || P30S V3 Grey
    USP45CT LEM || CZ SP 01 Shadow
    Tavor || Bren 805 S1 FDE
    PTR91 || AK's AK's AK's

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links