VP9 Firing Pin Disassembly / Support Sleeve Replacement - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: VP9 Firing Pin Disassembly / Support Sleeve Replacement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have purchased the HK Parts firing pin sleeve and will replace the stock one as soon as the new one arrives. I already replaced the slide cap with the hkparts enhanced model made of Titanium and that was quite easy. I will take some pictures as I replace the sleeve and post the process. I do not expect it to be very difficult but we'll see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    Has anyone tried this aftermarket, metal support sleeve from HKParts? I am going to order one to replace mine, also slightly dented when I removed the firing pin.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Enha...-367p17861.htm

Awesome thanks for the heads up on that metal sleeve I did not know it existed. That is certainly a must own because the factory sleeve is so thin easily messed up when removing firing pin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Now available in Stainless Steel

Quote Originally Posted by jhc37013 View Post
    Awesome thanks for the heads up on that metal sleeve I did not know it existed. That is certainly a must own because the factory sleeve is so thin easily messed up when removing firing pin.
    Now there is one available in stainless steel. My tools also tend to dig into the aluminum aftermarket part. This one is hard and can be disassembled again and again without damage.

https://lakelinellc.com/shop/hk-vp9v...upport-sleeve/

Chui, Wild Bill and tenclip like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alfonse View Post
    Now there is one available in stainless steel. My tools also tend to dig into the aluminum aftermarket part. This one is hard and can be disassembled again and again without damage.

https://lakelinellc.com/shop/hk-vp9v...upport-sleeve/

That's what I'm talking about!

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    alfonse likes this.
    "Buy once, cry once; or not. Let's be honest for a second; most of you will be zombies one day and I'd much prefer you be zombies with crap weaponry."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default VP9 Firing Pin Disassembly / Support Sleeve Replacement

I like to strip mine down after every session, at least to the sub assemblies (mostly just slide, I donít see the need to take the frame apart) to see how things are. My VP9SK is now officially in my EDC rotation so I get pretty fanatical about a clean weapon if itís a carry piece. Regardless the plastic sleeve on the Hk is seemingly less robust than its Glock counterparts.

I ordered the red aluminum piece. I used aluminum tools for takedown so I shouldnít have issues (and I donít with plastic, but having a backup never hurts). I also ordered the red cover/plate for grins...add a little touch of color to the pistol.

Thanks for the thread. This pistol is my first Hk so Iím enjoying contrasting the engineering between brands/types of pistols.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tgoldie00 View Post
    I like to strip mine down after every session, at least to the sub assemblies (mostly just slide, I don’t see the need to take the frame apart) to see how things are. My VP9SK is now officially in my EDC rotation so I get pretty fanatical about a clean weapon if it’s a carry piece. Regardless the plastic sleeve on the Hk is seemingly less robust than its Glock counterparts.

I ordered the red aluminum piece. I used aluminum tools for takedown so I shouldn’t have issues (and I don’t with plastic, but having a backup never hurts). I also ordered the red cover/plate for grins...add a little touch of color to the pistol.

Thanks for the thread. This pistol is my first Hk so I’m enjoying contrasting the engineering between brands/types of pistols.
    Curious, can you explain please?
    VP9 - times 4
    VP9SK
    P30 v3
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfieRules View Post
    Curious, can you explain please?
    In the case of the Hk VP9SK, I field strip, remove back-plate, remove striker/firing pin assembly, wipe, and inspect. I wouldnít shy away from dissembling this too, but there isnít anything that cant be seen from viewing the assembly as a whole (and a lot less to potentially lose like retaining clips).

For a Glock, much the same, add removal of the extractor depressor assembly, firing pin safety/spring, extractor.

For 1911...lol. Lots to clean, but firing pin/spring and extractor generally speaking.

Cleaning is the action being taken, but the motivation is inspection. I am not about to place my life in the hands of something I havenít taken the personal time and responsibility to inspect and thoroughly clean between range sessions. I have never understood the apparent short-sightedness of placing oneís life in the hands of something they couldnít take the brief time to clean and inspect.

Now...something that I purely use at the range...I mean its not vital to clean....but I do anyways. Call me a bit compulsive in that regard.

I donít mean any of the above as a slight to those with different philosophies. We are all welcome to our own SOPs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)

^^ He think he meant to ask why you think the VP support sleeve is less robust than Glock's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default VP9 Firing Pin Disassembly / Support Sleeve Replacement

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    ^^ He think he meant to ask why you think the VP support sleeve is less robust than Glock's.
    Hahaha fair point!

Perhaps an illustration.

The Glock plastic sleeve has thicker walls and ribs that are integral to design, but also provide additional structure and a wider point to utilize a tool to depress it fully and replace the back plate:

Here is a pic of what I ordered, but imagine in plastic (from the factory):

I think both are of perfeect quality from the factory for their stated purpose, however I would argue that the Hk piece is more susceptible to damage incidentally, thus why a stronger piece would be desirable if breaking down to this level often.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links