How To Clean A HK USP From Start To Finish - Made A Video Today - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How To Clean A HK USP From Start To Finish - Made A Video Today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Based upon the appearance and date code, it is not a factory, FDE frame!!!

Tony
    Thanks. I'm still new to HK to be familiar with what color combos came out and when. Even if I remembered to look at the date code I probably still couldn't it reference it to anything. I'm just a noob
    Me: USP Tactical 45, USP 9, P226 Extreme .40, 97B, & a G43
    Wife: LCR .38 Special Ltd. Talo edition, P238 Spartan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bwell View Post
    Burnt Bronze :)

Good choice, I need to try that. CLP does an awesome job cleaning but I feel it's lacking a bit on lubrication.
    I really like using these Otis or Tipton double ended cleaning brushes for cleaning my pistols too. I wrap a small patch around the end of the small end to get inside the slide channels really clean with either fresh oil or a dry patch. It also works great for getting in the nooks and crannies of the slide.

Otis Gun Cleaning Brush Double Ended Nylon

These foam tipped swabs work great for applying oil and grease throughout the slide and frame.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/63...n-cleaning-kit

I don't really do anything groundbreaking but these tools help and make things a little easier.

I've tried Birchwood Casey synthetic gun oil, Gun Butter, Rem Oil (way too thin IMO), Frog Lube, FireClean, Tetra oil and grease, sampled Machine Gunners Lube, TW-25B grease, and my wife's new P238 came with a sample of Lucas Extreme gun but I haven't tried it yet. I like Weapon Shield products over all of them. The more I use Weapon Shield oil it seems to have a seasoning effect on my guns and they wipe clean after a range session and it only gets better with use. It doesn't dry out and provided you don't it apply it too heavy, and you don't need to, it won't migrate. All of my firearms are slick and operate great with it but I know that's the case with the other oils as well. Look up Weapon Shield videos on YouTube and I think you could be persuaded to try it. I'm sure if you contacted George Fennell, the creator of FP-10 and Weapon Shield, they would send you a sample to try. You can tell by his videos that he knows what he's talking about.

YMMV but I don't believe you'd find that it's lacking in the lubrication department.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links