Vp9.... I'm a believer
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vp9.... I'm a believer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Vp9.... I'm a believer

Finally pick up my vp9 last week and took it out a few days ago.
    Man the reviews are right this thing is a tack driver.
    Trigger was amazing very pleasant gun to shoot.
    Not one failure running new and reloaded ammo.
    Only small gripe is if you have small hands like me, it's still a little big even with the small grip inserts. I like the feel of the p30 better but even so I shot better with the vp9.

If you are debating on this pistol, I strongly recommend trying it out.

Further note is there a combo anyone uses on hand grips that gives you better feel. I have trouble. Getting the web of my hand centered and get a full contact with my trigger finger. Also I use my trigger finger as the mag release because I have to move my hand if I want to use my thumb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

glad to hear you're enjoying it!

As for the sizing. Try the small back strap with the larger side panel for your palm and the small for your support hand side (or both side panels larger). The added swell/fill in the palm may give you a more solid feel on the gun. Just a suggestion.

Shoot straight!

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Congrats!! It's a great gun. And I use my trigger finger as the mag release. I think that's the best way and as a lefty the paddle release is perfect for me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

VP9's are awesome. I wish they would come out with a VP45 or a VP9 compact soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Picked mine up Thursday and took it to the range today. I love it, I think I did better with it than my P2000 V3. The 115 grain Winchester white box ran flawless, I had some 85 grain DMT ammo I found on sale at Academy Sports that had some trouble but that is the ammo not the pistol. I have been up in the air about which .40 caliber HK for my next purchase, looks like the VP40 is at the top of the list because of price and how well I did with the VP9.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Must be the week of VP9 first timer acquisitions. I picked up a VP9 LE yesterday for as a birthday present to myself and headed to the range after a quick tear down, clean and lube. Very nice pistol. I haven't bought a polymer pistol in a long time (all my striker fired have been M&P - CZ for carry and competition) and HK definitely put a nice product together.

I honestly didn't shoot it as well as I'd have liked (gun generally shot low - think I was anticipating recoil and have been used to a much lighter trigger - 3 lbs) but the groups were tight and follow-up shots were very easy and very fast. I like the ergos and will continue to mess with the grip panels. Overall the gun ran well but not flawlessly - slide would not lock back on an empty mag (ran 200 rounds thru it). I was shooting Freedom 9 / 115 which are pretty "dainty" loads but had the same problem with a box of hotter Magtech 124G so hoping it just needs some rounds thru it to loosen things up. Enjoy everyone. Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm guessing the problem you are having with it not locking back is a grip issue. My guess is you are probably riding the slide stop with your thumb. It's a pretty common problem. I do it occasionally with my VP9 - I used to do it a lot when I had a PPQ.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hollowpoint331 View Post
    Finally pick up my vp9 last week and took it out a few days ago.
    Man the reviews are right this thing is a tack driver.
    Trigger was amazing very pleasant gun to shoot.
    Not one failure running new and reloaded ammo.
    Only small gripe is if you have small hands like me, it's still a little big even with the small grip inserts. I like the feel of the p30 better but even so I shot better with the vp9.

If you are debating on this pistol, I strongly recommend trying it out.

Further note is there a combo anyone uses on hand grips that gives you better feel. I have trouble. Getting the web of my hand centered and get a full contact with my trigger finger. Also I use my trigger finger as the mag release because I have to move my hand if I want to use my thumb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I use M-left side and back strap with a L-right side panel for my palm. It made a world of difference for me. I thought it was all hype before I found the sweet spot. I've setup all of my VP and P series guns that way.
    (my little bag of tricks) (my road dogs) (words can not express a few things nicely dressed),
    {And a Presa Canario that loves his people . He won't stop unless I tell him to).
    Use your imagination.

(The Phantom Brigade)
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

[QUOTE=IronKnight1991;1782928]I use M-left side and back strap with a L-right side panel for my palm. It made a world of difference for me. I thought it was all hype before I found the sweet spot. I've setup all of my VP and P series guns that

So if I'm left handed how would you set up go?

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

[QUOTE=hollowpoint331;1782950]
    Quote Originally Posted by IronKnight1991 View Post
    I use M-left side and back strap with a L-right side panel for my palm. It made a world of difference for me. I thought it was all hype before I found the sweet spot. I've setup all of my VP and P series guns that

So if I'm left handed how would you set up go?

choose the back strap first
    close your eyes and raise the pistol to where you think it is level- your natural point of aim
    try the other backstraps and see which one gives you the best natural point of aim when you open your eyes
    then try all the different weak side straps to see which one gives you the best grip
    then try the trigger finger side straps until the middle of the pad of your trigger finger rests the best on the trigger

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links