USP45 damage - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: USP45 damage

Evo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DBLAction454 View Post

And I know it's permanent damage and from gas escaping around the primer. Just want to know if I can keep on running the gun or not which I'm pretty sure I can and that you didn't answer.

Nos pro patria
    Not to sound like a dick but why would you ask a gun forum if you could still run the gun when you have HK at your disposal? It seems foolish to me to ask a forum instead of the manufacturer.

Again not trying to come off as a dick but it just does not make sense.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default USP45 damage

Quote Originally Posted by Evo View Post
    Not to sound like a dick but why would you ask a gun forum if you could still run the gun when you have HK at your disposal? It seems foolish to me to ask a forum instead of the manufacturer.

Again not trying to come off as a dick but it just does not make sense.
    Because most likely by law, a manufacturer wouldn't say whether or not I should continue to fire the weapon with described damage and picture before first evaluating it themselves in the flesh. Out of fear/liability that should I continue to use the gun and something happens and I am injured they can claim they never told me to continue firing. And I'm not a fan of shipping my guns.

However, if I decide to give HK a call I have complete confidence I'll be taken care of.

No offense taken.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Shooting reloads! Primer pocket erosion. Plain and simple. Permanent damage.
    Would someone please elaborate on this, please

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Evo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Because most likely by law, a manufacturer wouldn't say whether or not I should continue to fire the weapon with described damage and picture before first evaluating it themselves in the flesh. Out of fear/liability that should I continue to use the gun and something happens and I am injured they can claim they never told me to continue firing. And I'm not a fan of shipping my guns.

However, if I decide to give HK a call I have complete confidence I'll be taken care of.

No offense taken.
    I would say that is probably the complete opposite of what a manufacture like HK would say or do. I have personally delt with HK about a issue with one of my pistols(nothing serious) and got a quick reply and a RMA to send the gun in. They covered everything and also had prompt communication with the tech about my pistol as it was on his work bench.

Honestly I was surprised by how well they took care of me and their communication. I could not ask for any more.

My point is you never know with speculation about what they "might" say or "do" and that it seems like asking a forum instead of the manufacture first would be the opposite course of action one would take.

Best of luck with your pistol.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by green_bullet View Post
    Would someone please elaborate on this, please
    I've reloaded thousands of rounds from my Dillon 550's. It's all I shoot and I've never had anything look like that. If reloads were doing that I would think we would see a lot more of this. No way.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Because most likely by law, a manufacturer wouldn't say whether or not I should continue to fire the weapon with described damage and picture before first evaluating it themselves in the flesh. Out of fear/liability that should I continue to use the gun and something happens and I am injured they can claim they never told me to continue firing.
    Sticking your corporate head in the sand is a sure-fire way to get sued. Companies like H&K are not stupid enough to operate that way in the U.S. overly-litigation-happy environment. All the more so because IME German/Japanese companies greatly fear the sometimes out-of-control U.S. court/jury system.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iLift45s View Post
    I've reloaded thousands of rounds from my Dillon 550's. It's all I shoot and I've never had anything look like that. If reloads were doing that I would think we would see a lot more of this. No way.
    Buddy of mine is a USPSA shooter and has 32,000 rounds through an STI Trojan. 100% reloads and it's never occurred to him.

He has several other guns with thousands and thousands of rounds on the clock all being reloads without this issue.

I personally don't reload and don't even have the gear to but should I ever start I don't feel uncomfortable.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iLift45s View Post
    Yeah, I have 20k a USP45c. With about 2/3 of those being reloads and I have not seen anything like that. So,etching either physically made that type of contact or that was a possible bad batch of steel. It looks like it started subsurface to me and worked its way to the top over time.

OP. How many rounds on the gun?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I shot aluminum cases a long time ago. Ammo was hard to find and the price was good. Couple thousand rounds. It may or may not be the culprit. I know HK recommends not to but also consider over half of the 50,000 rounds fired by Todd Green during his HK45 endurance test was Blazer Aluminum so I made that decision

Nos pro patria
    I talked with HKs support about aluminum cased Ammo. in regards to shooting the aluminum cased Ammo. in HK handguns and seeing they don't recommend using it in the manuals.
    The answer was the aluminum cased Ammo. won't harm the handgun,they just don't want anyone using it for carry.
    Said it was more about the chambering that concerned them,as there is a difference in the expansion of brass and aluminum.
    Myself i have shot it in both .45 and 9mm also .40 with no problems.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by armtx77 View Post
    How many rounds on the gun?
    In his first post "6,250 rounds through the gun"
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links