USP45 damage - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: USP45 damage

Banned

Location : North of one border South of another East and West of the others
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DBLAction454 View Post
    However, if I decide to give HK a call I have complete confidence I'll be taken care of.
    I am confused and not understanding why a call to HK was not first on your list. Lifetime warranty and damage to me means dial HK. Use their RMA and label to send it in and have a new slide returned probably in less than ten days in your hands. In all the days this thread has been going, all you have is speculation, a damaged slide and no progress at all. That is very odd and confusing. Even if that USP was a well worn PD trade-in, HK would still step up in grand style. Its HK, not block,Tarus or Hi-Point. Jessie would have replied within hours unless out on leave and by now you would have known the precise result and I bet, a new slide on the way to you. The only possible gain from this thread that I could see is if someone here knew the actual cause of such damage and so far, there is nothing concrete but even had an answer come, you still would just have a damaged slide in hand and no HK warranty help. It could be a defect in the steel for all anyone knows and either way, damaged and probably warrantied. Now if you frankengunned it to some absurd round, I could see the fear of HK exposure and embarrassment, but you never mentioned firing bastardized rounds, so it makes no sense.
    Can you explain why you are not speaking with HK?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I remember someone telling me to always check to make sure all the primers are seated correct when opening a box of ammo but I don't remember if was because it could harm the gun or cause a failure to fire.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by green_bullet View Post
    Would someone please elaborate on this, please
    Poor primer seating causes flame cutting around the primer via the primer pocket. It creates severe flame cutting resulting in erosion. Almost exclusively seen in poor quality ammo and reloaded ammo. It is not a condemnation of reloads in general, only poor quality ammo.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

mew
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I don't reload, so this is common in all pistols with reloads?? never seen that kind of damgage on any pistol. I'm sure HK is not the only mfg.that has this issue?? kindly post where this is common as I can't imagine legions of reloaders have their firing pin area eroded like that or do they??
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
    Edmund Burke

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It almost looks like someone used a micron size bead, with a power glass bead blaster, to clean the firing pin hole.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mew View Post
    I don't reload, so this is common in all pistols with reloads?? never seen that kind of damgage on any pistol. I'm sure HK is not the only mfg.that has this issue?? kindly post where this is common as I can't imagine legions of reloaders have their firing pin area eroded like that or do they??
    No. That's all I shoot through all my Hk's and they don't look like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by estesmonkey View Post
    I am confused and not understanding why a call to HK was not first on your list. Lifetime warranty and damage to me means dial HK. Use their RMA and label to send it in and have a new slide returned probably in less than ten days in your hands. In all the days this thread has been going, all you have is speculation, a damaged slide and no progress at all. That is very odd and confusing. Even if that USP was a well worn PD trade-in, HK would still step up in grand style. Its HK, not block,Tarus or Hi-Point. Jessie would have replied within hours unless out on leave and by now you would have known the precise result and I bet, a new slide on the way to you. The only possible gain from this thread that I could see is if someone here knew the actual cause of such damage and so far, there is nothing concrete but even had an answer come, you still would just have a damaged slide in hand and no HK warranty help. It could be a defect in the steel for all anyone knows and either way, damaged and probably warrantied. Now if you frankengunned it to some absurd round, I could see the fear of HK exposure and embarrassment, but you never mentioned firing bastardized rounds, so it makes no sense.
    Can you explain why you are not speaking with HK?

I'm glad he posted it.
    I learn alot from the discussions.

Banned

Location : North of one border South of another East and West of the others
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BobWiley View Post
    I'm glad he posted it.
    I learn alot from the discussions.
    I like seeing the post too and I am looking forward to HK's response on the cause, but I am still confused why he is not contacting HK. I would much rather hear from HK than speculation w/o resolve.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the original posting. I shoot reloads in all my rifles and pistols (nearly exclusively H&K) and never see that sort of damage.

dan

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Poor primer seating causes flame cutting around the primer via the primer pocket. It creates severe flame cutting resulting in erosion. Almost exclusively seen in poor quality ammo and reloaded ammo. It is not a condemnation of reloads in general, only poor quality ammo.
    For those saying they don't see this with their reloads, it is worth emphasizing here that this could be from any ammo (factory or otherwise) of poor quality... not necessarily just reloads. Quality reloads are fine, poor quality reloads... not so much.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links