USP45 damage - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 57

Thread: USP45 damage

  1. #31
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Spart's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2007
    Posts : 1,521
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by estesmonkey View Post
    I like seeing the post too and I am looking forward to HK's response on the cause, but I am still confused why he is not contacting HK. I would much rather hear from HK than speculation w/o resolve.
    Meh, give him the benefit of the doubt. I'd post here first, too. Maybe it's a non-issue and dozens have the same thing. Maybe not... don't know until you ask. But again, it's a learning opportunity for all.

    I'm sure he's in the process of contacting HK now. We'll see what they say... hopefully good news one way or the others.

  2. #32
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    DBLAction454's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2011
    Location : NE Ohio
    Posts : 1,738
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default USP45 damage

    Gents,

    I'll be contacting HK on Thursday. I spent all day clearing out my lady's grandfathers backyard (he just passed) and I'm working a 12hr shift today and tomorrow. I want to be available to send it in either Thursday or Friday if the send me an RMA.

    Rest assured I will keep you all updated with whatever they say.

    Also calling HK was always in my mind but I was considering shooting it first to see if the damage worsened or affected function and wanted input before doing it I guess.

    Nos pro patria
    Last edited by DBLAction454; 04-19-2016 at 07:34 PM.

  3. #33
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    DBLAction454's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2011
    Location : NE Ohio
    Posts : 1,738
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    ***UPDATE***

    Just got off the phone with Jesse Teague. Always a pleasure talking with him. Emailed him the photo (same photo in OP). States that its most likely what myself and others suspected. Pocket primer erosion. I told him there were no reloads through that gun at al,l but at least 1-2k rounds of aluminum cased ammo.

    Jesse said that the ammo was most likely the culprit and that ammo is becoming more and more the reason for problems in the last couple years. The quality has gone down so much that its really starting to show on the guns.

    Anyway he wrote me up an RA number and is sending me a shipping label. I am sending in the entire gun per Jesse's suggestion just to give it a good inspection. I should have it on its way to him by tomorrow.

    Whatever it costs Im going to get it fixed up.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #34
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    WellWellWell's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 687
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DBLAction454 View Post
    Jesse said that the ammo was most likely the culprit and that ammo is becoming more and more the reason for problems in the last couple years. The quality has gone down so much that its really starting to show on the guns.
    This mirrors what I have been feeling for a while, factory ammo (especially Remington & likely Winchester from what I can tell) has been the cause of untold numbers of problems since the panic of 12'. The question is which brands still make quality ammo at this point? I may just end up loading my own, I have been putting this off for quite some time... my guns may thank me later for it.

  6. #35
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    TheChunkNorris's Avatar
    Join Date : Jul 2012
    Location : Miami
    Posts : 2,495
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WellWellWell View Post
    This mirrors what I have been feeling for a while, factory ammo (especially Remington & likely Winchester from what I can tell) has been the cause of untold numbers of problems since the panic of 12'. The question is which brands still make quality ammo at this point? I may just end up loading my own, I have been putting this off for quite some time... my guns may thank me later for it.
    Funny you mention those two brands, I don't buy them because you can actually tell they're not as good as before. I've bought thousands of rounds of WWB and after the scare bought some more... I had 3 squibs in two boxes one of which ruined a barrel.

  7. #36
    HKPRO Professional
    sabre675's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Location : IOWA
    Age : 44
    Posts : 649
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    Well I've been quite fond of WWB 45 ACP. That is alarming. I've found Federal American Eagle doesn't group as well for some reason even though I've got quite a bit of it. What you shooting Now Chuck?
    HK45T OD V5/6
    HK45T OD W/Standard Barrel V5/6
    HK45T Black German V5/6
    HK45 Lipseys x Dos V5/6
    HK45c HKPro Edition RAL8000
    HK45c Black V7
    HK45c OD Green X Dos V7
    HK45c Baby Poo RAL8000 V7
    HK45 RAL8000 V5/6
    P30L V1
    P30SK V1
    USP .45 V5/6

  8. #37
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    armtx77's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2014
    Location : Capital of the Caribbean...NOLA
    Posts : 689
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DBLAction454 View Post
    ***UPDATE***

    Just got off the phone with Jesse Teague. Always a pleasure talking with him. Emailed him the photo (same photo in OP). States that its most likely what myself and others suspected. Pocket primer erosion. I told him there were no reloads through that gun at al,l but at least 1-2k rounds of aluminum cased ammo.

    Jesse said that the ammo was most likely the culprit and that ammo is becoming more and more the reason for problems in the last couple years. The quality has gone down so much that its really starting to show on the guns.

    Anyway he wrote me up an RA number and is sending me a shipping label. I am sending in the entire gun per Jesse's suggestion just to give it a good inspection. I should have it on its way to him by tomorrow.

    Whatever it costs Im going to get it fixed up.
    Man, awfully deep for primer erosion, but it sounds like HK is going to get you squared away on it regardless.

  9. #38
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    DBLAction454's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2011
    Location : NE Ohio
    Posts : 1,738
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    *** UPDATE***

    Gun on its way to HK


    Nos pro patria

  10. #39
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    WellWellWell's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 687
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabre675 View Post
    Well I've been quite fond of WWB 45 ACP. That is alarming. I've found Federal American Eagle doesn't group as well for some reason even though I've got quite a bit of it. What you shooting Now Chuck?
    Have you noticed poor grouping across a variety of pistols with this ammo? Perhaps you should contact them to see what they have to say on the matter, may just be a bad lot you bought…
    Last edited by WellWellWell; 04-23-2016 at 12:02 AM.

  11. #40
    Banned

    Join Date : Feb 2013
    Location : North of one border South of another East and West of the others
    Posts : 2,924
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Thanks for the update. I am guessing a new slide will be fitting onto that frame for you. That's about all they could do.
    Keep us posted. I'm looking forward to hearing of the positive results and if they add any words to the determination.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •